Geosciences/Remediation Project Scientist
Office Location:Tampa, Florida Discipline:Environmental
ENERCON Services, is an employee owned, premier Engineering and Environmental Services Company. Our double-digit year-over-year growth is fueled by the quality of work we perform as an EOC (Engineer of Choice) to a large base of the power facilities in the US, as well as to an expanding global customer base. We are the #1 ranked Nuclear Engineering firm (enr.com; June 2015). Ranked #103 of the Top 200 Environmental firms, our Environmental Services practice area performs environmental consulting services for a variety of industries, including Utilities, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Mining, Petro-Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, Water & Wastewater Treatment, and Land Development.
ENERCON's Tampa, Florida office has an opening for a Geosciences/Remediation Project Scientist to serve our client's needs by evaluating, planning, organizing, and performing environmental consulting services.
The position will focus on site investigation and remediation. Duties may include:
• Performance of all phases of subsurface soil and groundwater site investigations.
• Performance of groundwater monitoring and sampling associated with site investigations.
• Ensuring each project is conducted in accordance with ENERCON's Health and Safety Program.
• Ensuring each project is conducted in compliance with applicable Federal, State, and/or local regulations.
• Evaluating soil and groundwater laboratory data with applicable action levels or site-specific closure standards.
• Identification of remedial alternatives based on site-specific soil and groundwater laboratory data.
• Preparation of proposals and technical reports consistent with regulatory guidelines.
• Working directly with the Environmental / Geosciences and Compliance Leads to achieve client and ENERCON objectives
• Performing, coordinating and supervising field activities associated with site assessments. Requires local travel and on occasion 2-3 day trips.
As a qualified candidate, you will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
• Bachelor's or Masters degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or Engineering preferred.
• 5 to 10 years environmental consulting experience
• Experience subsurface soil and groundwater investigations, groundwater monitoring and sampling, and remedial actions using varied techniques
• Computer skills including knowledge of MS Office Word & Excel.
• Problem solving skills and general scientific evaluation skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain client and regulatory relationships.
• Ability to travel; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs; ranging from a few days to a few weeks.