“Together we are laying the groundwork for future generations to continue building upon,
so that our future can be as prosperous as our past.”
--Perry A. Hand, PE, PLS Chairman of the Board, Volkert, Inc. 2011-2019
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm, is committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service:
Planning + Environmental • Design + Engineering • Program + Construction Management
We are currently searching for an experienced Engineering Design & CEI Practice Leader to support our East Gulf Region in Georgia.
Are we the road to your future?
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and expand our services in Georgia. You will lead the strategic efforts, and oversee the operations of the Atlanta, GA and Tyrone, GA offices for engineering design and construction engineering and inspection (CEI).
What you’ll be doing:
- Principal in Charge for all aspects of our Atlanta, GA and Tyrone, GA offices (marketing and operations)
- Be a practice builder – growing services, clients and geography
- Serve as the lead with key client and contract management
- Develop annual and quarterly budgets for both marketing and operations
- Recruit, develop and retain Georgia staff
- Manage transportation projects to meet financial and technical requirements
- Coordinate with other Volkert Practice Leaders and Office Managers to work share
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations
- Participate in marketing and business development
- Take the lead in development of new service lines like Program Management and Energy
What you need to have:
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil engineering from ABET accredited engineering program.
- Licensed P.E.
- 15+ years of progressive transportation/roadway experience
- 10+ years of experience in management of engineering design, CEI, and support staff
- Possess a strong understanding in developing all project management controls including budgeting, scheduling, and staff management.
- The ability to manage AND assist in the production of design deliverables
- Experience managing state DOT projects
- Strong understanding of DELTEK for financial information
To be a successful Volkert Practice Leader, you must possess the following characteristics:
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the company who believes in diversity and inclusion
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively--verbal and written
If you share our passion to serve clients, the public, our employees, constituents, and our profession, we invite you to apply!
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.