Thank you for your interest in joining the Centauri team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
Team Merlin has an opportunity for a GEOINT Flight System Engineer to work on an exciting, fast-paced program. This position provides subject matter expertise to customers in vehicle system design, architecture development, and system testing. This position will provide analytic insight to system design and performance issues and recommend mitigation approaches, to include: hardware solutions, software solutions, and modification of operating procedures. The successful applicant will work to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and technically challenging work.
- Perform technical analyses, document, and present findings
- Provide technical insight across the system, including aspects of mission planning, command and control, and data processing
- Review evolving system architectures, analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies, and help refine CONOPS
- Evaluate proposed system changes, especially those that happen late in the development cycle, and make recommendations on path forward
- Review development contractor’s documents and procedures, requirements flow down, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success
- Refine and develop measures of effectiveness, improvements to system environments, and creation of new procedures to support all facets of testing and operations
- Participate as a reviewer in working groups, engineering review boards, design reviews, test readiness reviews, operational readiness reviews, etc.
- Review program for high risk areas and recommend mitigation approaches
- Collaborate with SETA team members, development contractors, and customer forums
- Effectively communicate and interface with engineers from various contractors and government organizations; prepare and present briefings to customer on technical topics when requested
- Conduct user outreach and research new system operation techniques to solve hard problems
- Top Secret/SCI clearance with CI Poly
- Ability to identify system impacts and pitfalls associated with operational systems to include: mission planning and scheduling systems, command, control and communications systems, and data processing systems
- Program lifecycle experience from concept development and design to deployment and operational maintenance
- Experience in operational readiness, rehearsals, and system testing
- Experience across multiple engineering disciplines to include: systems engineering, software development, and integration and test
- Experience with requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, architecture and CONOPS development
- Experience in mission operations environment – ops tempo, performance characterization, utility analysis, system calibrations
- Experience with mission integration, data processing, external interface management, and system operations.
- Polished communicator, technical topics readily understood by all stakeholders. Strong documentation skills, a superior technical writer
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project
- Experience with agile development methodologies, Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience in operational environments
- Industry certifications (e.g. PMP, CSEP, etc.)