Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is hiring a GEOINT Systems Engineer to support our program in Chantilly, VA. In this role, your domain focus of the position is tasking, mission management, planning, scheduling and command and control programs associated with experimental Spacecraft and new payload developments. As one of our Systems Engineers you will work closely as a liaison between our Government Customers and industry development organizations to promote and enable the design, development, integration, and transition of complex and critical ground systems. Our engineers are asked to lead technical and programmatic work to monitor software development programs and engineer technical solutions for ground programs. Candidates will work on a high functioning team to advise Government customers on technical assessments of new GEOINT technologies and associated ground impacts, defining future GEOINT ground architecture solutions. Key functions include development and assessment of enhanced and innovative concepts to deliver new space to ground capabilities and evaluation of capabilities, concepts, architectures, requirements, CONOPS, and interfaces of satellite systems to enable definition of associated ground components in terms of cost, schedule, and technical impact.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with ability to successfully obtain a polygraph
- BS in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related technical discipline strongly preferred; will consider experience in lieu of degree
- 0 - 1 year's experience in satellite system domain strongly preferred
- Experience with definition and/or development on large scale systems strongly preferred
- Knowledge of ground systems performing tasking, planning, scheduling and/or mission management functions strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey technical and/or programmatic assessments
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with shifting work priorities
- Experience defining, developing or testing command and control systems, mission management systems, collection strategies and/or overall mission operations.
- Experience in the acquisition of new space systems and developing and analyzing system concepts, assessing system design options, analyzing mission and requirements
- Experience developing program plans for the acquisition of ground systems based on satellite developments (scope definition, cost estimation, schedule analysis etc.)
- Experience working within or closely with Acquisition Offices; SETA and/or SE&I experience