Cimarron is seeking a GEOINT Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to an Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
As part of the Systems Engineering team, you will be responsible for projects utilizing the systems engineering process. This role works closely with the various members of the Intelligence Community (IC) to define the scope and manage the change process for integrating new GEOINT capabilities into an Intelligence Community (IC) customer’s systems. This position supports new developments and upgrades to the Enterprise Infrastructure.
- Provide technical support to customer activities and programmatic processes.
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry as required.
- Provide task-based schedule and resource forecasts.
- Develop Concept of Operations (CONOPs) for new capabilities and coordinate them across the affected organizations.
- Assist in the development of system level, functional level, and interface requirements.
- Identify gaps between requirements and acquisition program capabilities being conducted by the customer’s Acquisition Offices.
- Manage the Request for Change (RFC) process as it relates to closing requirement gaps.
- Work with the IC customer and the larger IC/DoD community on Resiliency activities/initiatives.
- Work with the enterprise architecture office to update related DoDAF views.
- Identify, clarify, and track task requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI Clearance with the ability to successfully obtain a polygraph.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills.
- Aptitude for on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) work.
- Experience in either GEOINT systems (legacy or planned) to include command & control, collection, mission processing, and dissemination.
- Experience with the government acquisition cycle, requirements development & processes, budgetary practices, acquisition/engineering documentation, and system lifecycle management.
- Understanding of core systems engineering disciplines and processes.
- 5 or more years of experience in the Intelligence Community (IC), or Department of Defense.
- Experience with using SharePoint functionality.
- Bachelordegree in Science, technical, Engineering, Math, or related technical discipline.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Experience with IC R&D organizations.
- Prior US military experience and/or Mission Operations experience.
- Experience with the IC customer’s RFC process.
- Experience using DOORS (preferably DOORS Next Gen) for managing requirements.
- Indications and Warnings Operations experience.
- Space Protection Concepts and Processes experience.
- Masters degree in Science, technical, Engineering, Math, or related technical discipline.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.