Integrity Applications Incorporated (IAI) is a software and system engineering company headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia with offices Nationwide. IAI has been selected as one of the best companies to work for in America by The Great Place to Work Institute and as one of the top employers in the DC Metro area by the Washingtonian Magazine. We are always looking for bright, innovative and talented people to join our team of highly skilled professionals. IAI offers challenging work, competitive salaries, an incentive bonus program and top notch health and welfare benefits for you and your family.
IAI is currently seeking a GEOINT Broker in support of our Springfield, VA client. GEOINT Broker Initiative has the need for an experienced systems integrator to oversee the development of mission capabilities and services to meet customer objectives. The Mission Product Oversight Support SME supports the USG customer in delivering oversight and direction of the Mission Support Integration’s (MSI) full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to meet the customer’s mission development requirements.
Reporting to the GEOINT Broker Project Lead, the Product Owner Support SME is accountable for supporting the Government Product Owner in establishing requirements and acceptance criteria to the software development teams. This individual will be responsible for establishing the practice of SaFE agile software practices across the development teams as well as for end-to-end systems engineering and integration, software engineering documentation, customer engagements, project management and enterprise coordination consistent with USG requirements.
The SME will oversee end-to-end systems engineering and integration and programmatic tasks to include: project management; baseline architecture / requirements / interface analysis and definition; Schedule analysis and definition; IT Engineering; Readiness; Integration; Test & Transition; and cross-project integration with dependent and non-dependent projects on behalf of the USG customer
- Per customer direction, provides oversight and direction to implement customer vision to replace aging legacy systems with an Open System, Service-Oriented Architecture as developed.
- Plans strategic direction of future releases to meet program goals and integrates across all development teams
- Plans, develops and coordinates epic/features for future planning sessions with USG product owner.
- Supports Agile development software process, planning increments and sprint planning sessions and provides additional systems engineering support as needed.
- Ensures acceptance criteria are properly written and satisfied
- Runs scrum of scrums and supports design technical exchange meetings
- Ensure partnering, efficient solutions engineering and reuse first, Agile SE&I processes, leveraging tailoring & extending innovative approaches & cost-saving measures, applying industry standards
- Ensure project activities transparency & info sharing, informing NGA decision-making bodies, & directly facilitating collaborative, innovative, efficient, rapid solutions engineering capturing, publishing solution options, resolutions for future reference, NSG enterprise awareness
- Advocates current and future technology, and ensures the Project captures innovative tradecraft, lessons learned, and best practices
- Oversees and user needs to develop IT solutions, designing/implementing processes, new/customized capabilities/services for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency, applying principles and techniques of system management processes, engineering analysis, and IT development methodologies as appropriate
- 15+ years of systems engineering, integration, or systems development experience, with a minimum of 10 years in the IC-Community
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel; ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to solve complex problems
- Self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written/verbal communications, technical/non-technical presentation skills
- Advanced degree or certification in a technical field
- Demonstrated experience in engineering GEOINT data access, discovery, and retrieval
- Demonstrated experience in cloud technology with emphasis on distributed performance
- Demonstrated experience in Agile Systems Engineering & Integration
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NSG programs to include both legacy systems, as well as key concepts for future vision architecture (e.g., Cloud hosting, platform-as-a-service, and other IC ITE initiatives) and services (e.g., RTM, NCL, eXploit, and NGA Portfolio Initiatives)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of: Waterfall, Spiral and Agile development, acquisition, systems engineering, and development methods (User Story Generation, Sprint/Scrum Development, Development Back-log management, Test-Driven Development)
Education: BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent experience
Travel: Depending upon the candidate's location, 10-25% travel may be required
Security Requirements: Active TS/SCI CI Polygraph clearance
Integrity Applications Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.