Syapse is a market leader in precision oncology solutions that helps health systems and providers deliver cutting-edge treatments, resulting in better health outcomes and lower costs. Syapse offers a robust software platform that brings together previously fragmented clinical, molecular, treatment, and outcomes data for delivery within a physician’s workflow. In addition, Syapse customers have access to the Syapse network, the largest precision oncology data-sharing consortium in the world.
Leading health systems, including Intermountain Healthcare, Providence St. Joseph Health, and Stanford Cancer Institute, have adopted Syapse to manage nearly one million active cancer cases across 25 states and in nearly 300 hospitals. The company was founded by Stanford-trained scientists and is backed by Ascension Ventures, Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE:SFE), Social Capital, GE Ventures, Intermountain Healthcare Innovation Fund I, LP.
Come join the team that is transforming healthcare and making meaningful improvements in the lives of cancer patients.
About the role:
The integration of data from molecular diagnostics labs into the Syapse Precision Medicine Platform is at the core of our life saving software. Through our transformational approach, we are in a unique position to provide unparalleled clinical decision support to our customers through a combination of clinical and molecular data. This improves patient care, drives best practices, and accelerates oncology research. We are seeking a product manager who will define the interoperability strategies and capabilities for integrating molecular biomarker testing results and third party content into the Syapse Precision Medicine Platform. You will be Syapse’s leading expert on molecular data interoperability and its use at the point of care.
What you’ll own:
- Continuous enhancement of our interoperability API’s and data specifications for structured genomic data transmitted by molecular testing laboratories through the Syapse Lab Partnership Program.
- Identify and prioritize the integration of high-value third party content sources that enrich the platform by adding value to end-users
- Design new product features and program participation requirements to support and scale this growing program across multiple customers, labs, and content sources
- Identify strategies for new features that further advance the partnership relationship with labs
- Coordination with other product managers to ensure molecular data requirements are fully aligned with all product features that require this data
- Working closely with implementation project managers, ensure that the integrations are successful and that the program is meeting the needs of customers and labs
- Define the requirements for tools and processes that will enable Syapse to scale across multiple integrations to support our growing customer base.
- In this role you will work cross-functionally across multiple teams at Syapse. You will work withEngineering to define the platform requirements, with Customer Operations to deploy integrations for specific customers, and with Business Development to build relationships with partner organizations.
- Represent Syapse in industry committees and working groups who seek to develop industry standard interoperability requirements for molecular data exchange (e.g. FHIR Genomics Working group)
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years of software product management experience.
- Experience integrating 3rd party data and applications.
- Experience defining data and API specifications for 3rd party integrations.
- Experience with genomic annotation, variant interpretation, and clinical reporting.
- Degree in genetics, bioinformatics, biology, or medicine is highly desirable; graduate degree is preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven ability to effectively manage complex projects across an organization.