What you'll be doing...
The Unified Communications team within Verizon supports >10k Contact Center internal employees who provide support for Enterprise, Business, Federal, State and Local Government, Global Network Technology, and Wholesale Verizon customers. You'll work with other engineers, developers, and users to integrate with Intelligent Call Routing platforms, Automated Call Distribution systems, Voice Portal applications, Digital Workplace, "automating all things", design and implement Intelligent Contact Routing strategies to provide Verizon customers with the best experience. If you are mission-driven and enjoy challenging work, this is definitely the team for you.
- Planning, designing, developing, coding and testing software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products; revising and refining as required.
- Participating in the development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- Conceptualizing and developing prototypes quickly in working with the product and architect.
- Engaging in engineering and development discussions, contributing to the conversation, providing your own opinions, asking thoughtful questions for clarification, and enriching the environment.
- Deploying high-performance distributed microservices and systems for platform products.
- Maintaining and improving existing code with pride of ownership.
- Providing extensive experience with Genesys products (i.e. IRD, Network Router, TServer, ICON, other).
- Owning end-to-end availability and performance of mission-critical services and building automation to prevent problem recurrence; automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Identifying opportunities to improve current platform: enhancing current toolchain or identifying new tools to POC.
- Looking for ways to reduce manual processes by replacing it with automation.
- Documenting common processes to enhance the user experience and administration of the tool.
- Managing the ticket queue by providing efficient assistance to the end user.
- Providing 24x7 production support to all tools within the automation platform.
- Participating in an on-call rotation.
- Communicating continuously with management and peers about the status and progress of ongoing projects.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience .
- Four or more years of relevant work experience .
- Experience with Genesys Call Routing platform.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Technology, and/or other related fields of study.
- Technical experience in the Contact Center Services area.
- Five or more years of Genesys, Avaya, IVR, and CTI technologies experience (development & configurations)
- Experience with integration to Hosted Intelligent Call Routing platforms (i.e. Verizon's NGSN, 3PCC, Hosted ICR, IPTF, IPIVR products and features)
- Experience in the Genesys Call Routing platform, including but not limited to the following features: On-Premise Routing, CTI functions, Multi-media (including voice, chat, email, and social), Reporting platforms (Icon, Infomart, and CCPulse), Infrastructure, and Integration with non-Genesys products (i.e. Avaya, desktop applications, Screen Pop)
- Experience in Automatic Call Distributors.
- Experience in the design, development, configuration and implementation of Genesys.
- Good communication skills, ability to work independently, strong work ethic with good time management with the ability to work with diverse teams and lead meetings.
- Ability to find and fix issues at the root, ultimately leading to a more stable environment and better documented and planned releases.
- Ability to train and mentor more junior staff to help them grow and progress into a higher level position.
- Telephony experience: Genesys, Avaya, and 800 number and International/Universal Toll-Free routing.
- Java and .NET development experience.
- Enhanced telecommunications knowledge including VoIP, SIP, RTP, H323.
- Ability to perform with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including technical diagrams, call flow diagrams and common Office applications (ie MS Office and/or Google Suite applications)
- Experience in multiple programming languages such as C++, .net, open source PHP, Java, CSS.
- Knowledge of software architecture, networking and distributed systems, design patterns, and UNIX/Linux environments.
- Experience with development with HTTP/RESTful APIs, Microservices.
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment processes.
- AWS services experience (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, EFS and CloudWatch).
- Experience using configuration management tools to build automation (i.e. Ansible).
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple products across the organization.
- Experience multitasking multiple high priority objectives.