The Genesys Converged Engineer will design, program and support a wide variety of Genesys products within the Genesys product suite and applications mainly within a Windows environment. This position will also install, support, and/or integrate third party hardware and software as needed within the total Genesys solution delivered to the customer. This position will work closely with other team members and project managers to ensure successful and timely implementations. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, related technical discipline or equivalent technical experience preferred. This position will require some overnight travel.
- Demonstrates product expertise
- Assesses complex project situations to make appropriate recommendations
- Initiates and suggests process improvements to increase efficiencies for delivery of Genesys solutions.
- Follows PSO implementation standards.
- Adheres to support processes and best practices.
- Execution of project plan tasks associated with engagements
- Prepare and/or review functional requirements documentation
- Leads technical engineering activities for a project.
- Work with clients to facilitate their understanding of best practices for a VoIP telephony solution
- Work with clients to facilitate their understanding of best practices for a VoIP based telephony platform.
- Loading Windows Servers.
- Working with the client to integrate CIC system(s) and applications within their environment.
- Keep apprised of new offerings and software updates from the manufacturer.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
- Minimum of Technical Associate's Degree.
- Knowledge of SIP and VoIP.
- Knowledge of voice communications such as SIP, ISDN, and T-1.
- Knowledge of data networking, especially TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of network design and network troubleshooting tools such as Wire Shark.
- Knowledge or certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, HP, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot & diagnose, on-site or remotely, issues related to hardware, software, VoIP or network connectivity.
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities and direction as business dictates.
- Ability to integrate Genesys solutions and customized applications into the client environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction but resulting in a satisfied resolution for the client.
- Ability to adapt to work within a team environment when projects dictate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities through detail orientation and strong organizational/planning skills.
- Technical 4-year Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years' experience with the Genesys product suite in either implementation or support
- ICCE certification from Genesys