For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
We are currently seeking a Research Scientist - Generative Design for Computer-aided Manufacturing Innovation for our Princeton, NJ location. The successful candidate will work with the Product Modeling and Simulation Research Group (PSM RG) to develop solutions to the real-world problems. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead the research activities focused at applying modern AI and other techniques to computer-aided manufacturing workflows for real world problems.
- Research, design, and implement algorithms and techniques for that power manufacturing planning for CNC, Additive, Robotic, and other manufacturing methods.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
- Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
- PhD required in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 7+ plus years of related experience.
- Expertise in geometry processing is a must. Skills in optimization, probabilistic reasoning, uncertainty quantification and design analysis are a plus.
- Appliedexperience in AI, Deep Learning tools is required. Skills in optimization, probabilistic reasoning, and uncertainty quantification are a plus.
- Familiarity with commercial CAM packages like NX CAM is a plus.
- Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences such at SPM, SIGGRAPH, ICML, NIPS, etc.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required in combination with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and can do attitude.
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations.
Requisition Number: 223587