Position Description: Manage all field operations for large commercial projects (greater than $200M) or multiple project sites.
Reports To: Construction Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
· Act as single point of responsibility to deliver field operations on site for a single large project (greater than $200m) OR manage multiple project sites.
· Provide leadership to implement the Turner Safety Program
· Work withthe OperationsManagerforallassignment ofSuperintendent.
· Assignandcoordinate alltrade fieldassignmentswiththeneedsofthe variousprojects.
· Support multiple Superintendentsthroughoutthe durationofthe job.
· Create and implement the Project Schedule
· Create and implement the Site Logistics Plan
· Reviewproject scheduleswithSuperintendents / and Trade Foreman.Ensurethatcriticalactivities anddecisions remainon task andthatROJdatesare providedtothe projectmanagementteam.
· Document project fieldissuesthatimpactbudget,qualityor schedule,andprovidetothe projectmanagementteam.
· Respondto subcontractorrequestsforfieldissues that impactbudget,qualityor schedule.
· Provide oversightfor theSuperintendent / Trade Foremanfor the development andmaintenance ofaResource AllocationControlSystem(RACS).
· Provide guidance in implementation oftheProjectQC/QAprogram.
· Work inconcertwithBusiness Unit SafetyDirector toimplement the BUSafetyProgram.
· Supportbusinessdevelopment,estimating andthePX’s withdevelopment ofoperationalplansforallpursuits.
· SupportthePX,ProjectSuperintendentandProjectManager tosupportdevelopment oflogisticsplans andschedules during pre-constructionandearlyproject activities.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a General Superintendent or Senior Project Superintendent with a large general contractor in the commercial construction industry.
At least two (2) public assembly or convention center projects within relevant experience including long span truss erection and installation.
Prior project experience with large concrete, steel and long span truss installation as well as experience with project volumes in excess of $200M.
OSHA 30, first aid and CPR training as well as proven track record of implementing a strong culture of safety on the jobsite.
(Please include project history with specific project details)
Additional Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of ten years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communications abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite, SAP, SharePoint, etc. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to travel 50%+ of the time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather and risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud.