Schiavone Construction Co. is one of New York Metropolitan area's foremost construction companies with major infrastructure contracts for tunnels, mass transit, bridges and highways. Schiavone is part of the Dragados Inversiones USA, S.L. family of companies, itself a subsidiary of Dragados S.A. one of the largest Spanish construction contractors in the world.
The General Superintendent shall be responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the Design-Builder's workforce, including all subcontractors, ensuring that work progresses according to schedule, within budget and that material and equipment were delivered to the site on time.
- Enforce site safety at all times
- Supervision & scheduling of job activities
- Scheduling of multiple shifts during the week and weekends
- Extensive planning, coordination and scheduling of subcontractors
- Prepare daily worksite reports
- Cost Control
- Resolve union disputes
- Material take-off and coordination of material and delivery
- Oversee daily field operations
- Handle all project trucking and equipment needs
- Minimum of 15 years of demonstrated construction experience in civil works projects with experience in managing the site work of large, complex rail and roadway and tunnel construction projects including new track construction.
- Experience shall include work of the nature anticipated in the project, and shall include design-build contracts, public and community sensitivity, utility relocation, and maintenance of operations for rail, vehicular and pedestrian/commuter users.
- Past Project value: experience shall include at least one project having a construction value in excess of $100,000, 000.00.
- NYSDOT project experience preferred.