Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Posted 65 days ago
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle. Join us!
Construct water/wastewater and other complex industrial/municipal scale facilities as required.
In conjunction with project manager, provides overall staff direction and guidance to multiple trade field foreman, superintendents, and/or project engineers. Oversees entire projects, which are generally large and moderately high in cost ($80 - 150 million) and complexity, such as water/wastewater treatment and industrial process facilities.
* Oversee total project supervision to ensure budget and schedule are met and the project is completed as per design requirements
* Serve as senior constructability advisor on projects, assisting with difficult construction or start-up problems
* Maintain continuous, open communication with Project Manager, client and multiple trade subcontractors
* Assist in labor disputes and negotiations as required
* Coordinate manpower, equipment and supplies
* Ensure all company, department, and technical policies, procedures and standards are adhered to.
* Implement policies as needed
* Mentor/train field staff
* Assist in preparing proposals and identifying potential clients and projects.
*Provide technical advice to other projects as needed.
* Must be able to travel regionally
* General project-related paperwork
* Perform additional duties as assigned
**All CDM Smith employees must: Follow all requirements of the company safety program. Take personal responsibility for Safety in workingenvironment. Promote safety among peers, subordinates and supervisors. Follow all requirements of the company quality management system. Take personal responsibility for Quality in working environment. Promote quality among peers, subordinates and supervisors.
Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and technical experience
Experience: Seeking 15 years GC experience in water/wastewater treatment plant construction or related industrial facility construction, at least 10 in a supervisory capacity over multiple trades.
Thorough understanding of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods)
*Ability to manage multiple projects
*Basic personal computer skills
*Comprehensive knowledge of company policies, procedures, and standards; excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills
*Must be able to travel.
Environmental Factors for Job Family:
Year-round outside weather conditions; Working in high places (ladders, lifts etc.) or confined spaces; Noise, dust, equipment exhaust, hazardous materials, outdoor weather conditions; substantial travel; moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.