STV has an immediate need for a General Superintendent with Aviation sector experience in Los Angeles, CA.
- Ensure compliance of existing systems and procedures; provide training as appropriate to project teams.
- Assist with development and adherence to Business Unit Plan, revenue forecasts and staffingschedules.
- Review of Subcontractor scopes of work as part of buyout process, as assigned.
- Assist with project(s) pre-planning and development of CPM schedules.
- Participate in project start-up meetings and Owner Preconstruction Conferences.
- Evaluate project team’s construction methods, techniques, and phasing used to build the project(s).
- Assist in identifying, developing a plan for, and resolving issues as they arise during construction.
- Monitor CPM schedule updates and sequencing including submittal status, material tracking and delivery, and production analysis. Assist with development of trade specific tracking as required.
- Monitor Quality Control implementation and documentation on the project(s) for adherence to Company policies and contract requirements.
- Participate in Monthly Margin Analysis and attend Third Point Reviews.
- Monitor Safety planning, execution, and documentation on the project(s). Assist project team and Safety Director with enforcement of policies and procedures based on Contractual, Governmental, and Company requirements.
- Assist project team with scope review of change management and schedule impacts as well as development of fragnets and/or major CPM schedule modifications.
- Assist with handling of subcontractor claims and back charges.
- Organize and conduct monthly meetings for the superintendents within the business unit to address safety and operational best practices.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- Four (4) year BA or BS in Construction related degreepreferred but not required.
- Fifteen (15) years of progressive superintendent experience.
- Experience in scheduling, field supervision, quality control and production of all phases of construction.