Location: Portland, OR, Denver, CO, Santa Clara, CA
Industry: Construction & Trades - Mechanical / Industrial Eng
Job Category: General Management
Base Salary - $146,000 to $220,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
15+ years experience
Seniority Level - Other
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Often
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
SUPERINTENDENT FAMILY - CORE
- Leads all aspects of the company's safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Provides management of subcontractors and organization of the overall job and workflow.
- Manages and oversees company staff, subcontractors, suppliers and programs such as Safety, Quality and EEOC for a small project or a major portion of a larger project.
- Develops work plans for subcontractors and self-performed work.
- Coordinates and manages the care, custody and control of the project site.
- Leads various meetings including daily standup and weekly trade meetings.
- Attends, manages and participates in appropriate progress and/or project OAC meetings.
- Creates, manages, changes and implements the project's schedule as needed, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- May be responsible for tracking and monitoring project budget and costs by using the project management system's cost reports and data from the project manager.
- Communicates key project information to owners, design team, governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers and other departments.
- Follows the project filing and documentation organization system as dictated for the project. Updates drawings, logs, diaries and inspection notebooks.
- Approves and/or records unit cost information for weekly reports and completes daily reports, logs and tracking reports.
- Evaluates progress on self-perform work and make adjustments as needed.
- Manages material and equipment needs for the project.
- Supports the MOC (Material and Other Costs) and DLSC (Dunn Logistics Service Center) procurement and approval processes.
- Assists in the selection of the formwork, tools and equipment necessary to complete self-perform operations.
- Manages timecard approval process to ensure reporting of accurate hours and proper cost codes.
- Ensures quality compliance through use of specifications, setting quality standards, in–house QA/QC and outside resources.
- Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect and governing authorities.
- Gains understanding of the project pursuit process and methodology.
- Participates with the field operations leadership and the project team to put together a project pre plan; implements, monitors and adjusts as needed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Partners with field leadership to establish field staffing for their assigned project.
- Partners with project management to identify schedule and costs associated with project changes.
- Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and architect to gain agreement for project changes.
- Participates with the project team in preparation and presentation for all project review meetings, including the monthly review process and other key project meetings.
- Participates in the project buy out meetings with subcontractors and vendors.
- Understands and applies the terms and conditions of the owner and subcontractor contracts for the project.
- Responsible for identifying and recruiting top talent.
- Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion.Understands policy of non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation throughout the organization.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Manages the largest, most complex stand-alone and/or multiple complex projects from initial planning to completion.
- Provides management and/or oversight to multiple projects and project teams.
- Provides input, leads and executes company and regional key strategic initiatives.
- Participates in the development of relevant company training content. Responsible for the selection and development of internal subject matter experts.
- Effectively delivers leadership messages to multiple audiences both internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of construction management to projects.
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports the successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in required construction technology (Advanced).
- Proficiency in scheduling software (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work (Advanced).
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity (Advanced).
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through building relationships (Advanced).
- Knowledge of organizational structure and available resources.
- Ability to understand document changes and impact to the project schedule.
- Knowledge of layout skill (Advanced).
- Knowledge of crane flagging and rigging (Advanced).
- Knowledge of productivity rates and cost management skills (Intermediate).
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 15+ Years construction experience (Preferred).
- 15+ Years field supervision experience (Preferred).
- 15+ Years experience managing projects (Preferred).
- 5+ years people management experience (Preferred).
- Experience with Lean principles (Preferred).