General Sales Manager - Wine & Spirits
5 - 7 years experience •
Our client is a dynamic, highly successful, multi-million dollar alcohol beverage company. They are currently seeking a charismatic, energetic General Sales Manager to oversee their wine and spirits division. The General Sales Manager reports to the company?s VP of Sales; and will have 5 Direct reports.
The individual our client hires will be responsible for the development, communication, and implementation of sales and marketing goals, objectives, and strategies for all wine and spirits products; as well as delivering profitable market share growth within the assigned and sales channel. Responsible for the development of team members through training and coaching to provide them the specific skill sets necessary to meet or exceed our client?s and its supplier?s business objectives. Responsible for compliance to all supplier agreements pertaining to sales, distribution, and market execution in assigned sales channels; primarily off-premise and chains.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the strategic planning process for assigned sales channel that supports the overall business strategy for our client of providing quality service and programs that will improve our performance, market share, and profitability for the short and long term.
- Participate in the financial planning process ? revenue forecasting, the ability to predict and justify capital expenditures as well as manage and execute cost control opportunities as required.
- Assist in the development of annual marketing plans, new product introductions for special project required by our client and their suppliers.
- Participate monthly in the setting of PFP goals that will drive the results of the sales channel and our client?s goals.
- Develop, monitor, and supervise all application of the structured sales process and market retail execution for the assigned sales channel.
- Review sales channel results and information to identify needs that will increase sales opportunities, customer satisfaction, profitability, and expenditure control.
- Manage and adhere to sales and operating compliance standard outlined in suppler distribution agreements for assigned channel.
- Maintain structured call frequencies to assigned accounts ensuring sales and marketing programs are executed timely and within the guidelines outlined by supplier(s).
- Effectively manage sales channelbudget while continuing to grow sales and market share.
- Conduct weekly departmental communication meetings relaying necessary information and training to ensure sales opportunities, customer satisfaction, and marketing programs are executed.
- Maintain understanding of competitive activities, changing retailer and market demands and how these will affect the sales channel and our client?s goals.
- Maintain routing efficiency while providing quality customer service. Utilize time to sell, GPS tracking, and other data to communicate recommendation for change to the VP of Sales and Marketing.
- Recognize developing sales trends and new category opportunities, develop actions plans to address.
- Plan and administer monthly PFP target goals that will drive the results of the sales channel for our client.
- Develop and administer all sales incentives for the sales channel. Work with the SEC on tracking and measuring results as well as effectiveness of each incentive.
- Perform sales analysis on sales channel, suppliers, brands, and packages to identify successes and potential opportunities to increasing sales, market share, and SKU management.
- Maintain pricing file for both our client and competitive pricing actions monthly for sales channel
- Ensure all our client?s sales, operational, and administrative policies and procedures are complied with.
- Ensure necessary data is collected monthly as required by suppliers and/or VP Sales and Marketing
- Maintain highly trained and qualified personnel throughout the sales channel.
- Provide on-going training, coaching, and performance feedback to ensure skill development for all sales channel personnel and monitor progress.
- Conduct prospective employee interviews for frontline sales positions and direct reports.
- Formally evaluate the performance of all sales channel direct reports using our client?s performance appraisal process.
- Initiate, conduct, and document corrective actions with sales channel direct reports whose performance is not satisfactory. Develop action plans to re-train if necessary then monitor performance ensuring satisfactory performance levels are maintained.
- If necessary perform terminations of sales channel direct reports.
- Address any customer complaints in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Act as primary contact to assigned chains/key accounts with-in the sales channel on behalf of our client and their suppliers
- Develop and maintain business plans for each assign chain/key account that deliveries profitable sales and market share growth.
- Communicate monthly pricing actions to chain/key account ensuring accurate pricing at point of purchase.
- Collect and monitor monthly competitive pricing and market activities.
- Ensure timely execution of sales and marketing programs.
- Maintain monthly call tracking of chain buyers and key account contacts
- Develop and cultivate relationships with in the chains/key accounts with-in multiple levels of the organizations.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication with suppler Key Account Personnel.
- Collect and submit all required information and data to suppliers as needed or required.
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional image that best represents our client and their suppliers.
- Lead by example.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with direct reports that fosters an environment of mutual respect.
- Maintain open lines of communication with VP Sales and Marketing that fosters an environment of mutual respect.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with cross department supervisors and employees that foster an environment of mutual respect.
- Attend key retailer, suppler, and company special events or meetings.
- Know, understand, and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Be community and legislatively active and available when called upon.
- Adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations regarding the sale, delivery, merchandising, and marketing of malt beverages, wines, and distilled spirits.
- Promote yourself and our client with honesty and integrity with employees, guests, suppliers, and retailers.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read and write English
- 5 to 15years of sales and sales leadership within the wine and spirits industry.
- Ability to demonstrate effective computer skills (Excel, Work, Outlook, Power Point, etc).
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Ability to coach, mentor, supervise, discipline all direct reports
- Ability to organize and communicate work efficiently, to set priorities, to give and follow orders and to motivate others.
- Willingness to work evenings when required (minimal).
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Must have a valid Driver?s License with a driving record acceptable to our clients? insurance carrier.
Compensation and Benefits: Base salary range of $100K to $110K plus a target 15% bonus, max 25%, candidate?s choice of a fully paid company car or $575 monthly car allowance. A gas card is provided for either choice. Paid vacation, matching 401K, a generous expense account, medical, dental and more!
To Apply: Please select an option that enables you to attach your resume as an MS Word or .PDF file, thank you.