General Sales Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Food & Beverage
Our client, an emerging specialty food business, is seeking an entrepreneurial General Manager to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a startup-like environment in the specialty food industry. You will use your smarts, resourcefulness, and scrappy ingenuity to lead in a high-growth environment while maintaining a laser focus on providing a top-notch experience for customers.
The General Manager will have an entrepreneurial spirit and an enthusiastic, solution-driven approach to management.
This role will be responsible for both day-to-day business operations (don’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves!) and longer-term strategic planning alongside the company’s owner and founder.
The General Manager will help build the business and lead the company on the path toward long-term success through both traditional grocery channels and direct-to-consumer business.
- Manage all aspects of the business alongside the founder and owner
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of direct reports spanning a variety of disciplines
- Lead business operations including workflow and process development, efficiency efforts, costing, and more
- Identify, procure, and launch new products based on industry trends and opportunities
- Maintain P&L responsibility, including budget development and managing day-to-day accounting operations
- Oversee strategic sales planning (by channel) and manage sales activities to achieve revenue and profit goals
- Lead marketing strategy development and oversee tactical execution, including email marketing, social mediamarketing, content marketing, public relations, and other creative efforts
- Manage key vendor relationships, including attending sales meetings, negotiating contracts, and maintaining ongoing communication and contractual execution
- Oversee customer service efforts including communicating with key accounts, placing and fulfilling orders, and resolving any issues
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Business or a related field (MBA preferred)
- Must have a passion for and love of high-quality foods
- Must have previous experience as a General Manager or equivalent leadership experience, including hiring, building, and managing teams
- Must have previous food sales and/or distributionexperience
- Experience in branding / creative direction and an eye for good design; Adobe Creative Suite and HTML skills are highly desired
- Strong financial skills including developing and executing budgets; QuickBooks proficiency desired
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Compensation and Benefits:
The base salary for this position is $120K-$125K plus a bonus component (based on sales), as well as a rich benefits package, paid vacation, matching 401K and more!