If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
Responsible for building Constellation Brands business with the trade, developing distributor relationships within the specified marketplace and providing leadership to the Regional Managers/Field Sales Managers in the region to deliver on company's sales objectives and goals.
Sales Planning and Business Strategy
- Formulates strategic business plans based on identified market opportunities and achieves region sales performance targets.
- Ensures sales processes are fully implemented and practiced by all.
- Works with Regional Managers, Sales to ensure appropriate execution of key sales initiatives, budget, depletion and shipment goals (where applicable).
- Stays current on sales market trends, activities and competitor actions while developing business solutions.
- Develops annual Joint Business Plans, periodic Tactical Business Plans, monthly Tactical Business Reviews, Competitive Pricing Strategies and Surveys, as well as weekly Progress Checks of customer performance.
People Management and Development
- Provide leadership while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high performance and ethical behavior.
- Build, develop and manage a strong sales team through performance management initiatives to include coaching and training.
- Lead and schedule 1:1 meetings to coach and develop direct reports. Facilitate team/focus group meetings with employees regularly to maintain high team employee engagement and development.
- Networks and identify outside talent for potential opportunities within Constellation Brands.
- Participate in National Sales Meeting and other training initiatives, including leadership training, wine education, systems training, etc.
In Market Activities and Relationship Development
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with key distributor executives, establishes and communicates brand standards and objectives for performance, and participates in distributor meetings to evaluate performance against standards.
- Conducts regular sales and brand marketing review meetings, in conjunction with direct reports, and with the distributorships.
- Develops and maintains relationships with top tier accounts.
- Be an active member of the sales team while providing leadership to sales personnel.
- Collaborates effectively with internal constituents including Sales, Finance, Marketing, HR and S&OP.
- Participate in Company project teams as necessary.
Financial Administration and Analysis
- Responsible for managing the fiscal budget and delivering P&L goals.
- Responsible for the overall distributor spending/banks and A/R reconciliation, in compliance to specific contractual agreements and company guidelines.
- Creates the execution plan and tracks sales for each manager, state and distributor by channel.
- Provides market intelligence to Sales Operations Manager (SOM) and Finance Manager to perform break-even analysis on programming (as applicable).
- Provides S&OP input, forecasting and product allocation.
- Reviews and approves concur, pricing and non price requests and partners appropriately with Trade Marketing, Finance and the SOM on these matters.
- Communicates competitive market changes and trends to appropriate Constellation Brands functions (Marketing, PR, Strategic Insights, Channel).
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum 10 years of outside sales, marketing experience or general management experience.
- Previous sales management experience with a distributor or other supplier in the alcohol/beverage industry.
- Minimum of 7 years of people management experience with a proven track record in successful team performance and engagement.
- Effective communication and team building skills.
- Ability to influence and persuade others in order to manage business effectively.
- Effective understanding of budgeting creation and management.
- Strong computer skills necessary.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location Grapevine, Texas
Additional Locations Irving, Texas
Job Type Full time
Job Area Sales
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn