Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Salt Lake City Manufacturing team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a General Manufacturing Manager 3 based out of Salt Lake City, UT. As the General Manufacturing Manager 3 you will be responsible for the overall performance (cost, schedule and quality) of a factory cell that includes a variety of product lines, processes and disciplines.
What You'll get to Do:
• Plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
• Accountable for ensuring that the overall budgets, schedules, compliance and performance standards are met.
• Determine and establish the reporting structure and supervisory relationships within the organization.
• Develop strategic plans to promote and develop talent in the organization to ensure successful knowledge transfer and succession planning.
• Accountable for positive employee relations and overall employee engagement targets are met.
• Communicate regularly and influences all levels of the organization, including external customers, on matters related to the performance and technical capability of the operations.
• Advise management of the status of work-in-progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure materials and services are provided as needed.
• Coordinate interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, production and inventory control, supply chain management, purchasing, engineering, etc.
• Additional scope of responsibility will include new build production, as well as overhaul and repair (O&R.)
• Bachelor's degree with 14 years of experience in a manufacturing setting (12 years with a Masters.)
• Must have at least 7 years of progressive leadership experience, experience leading highly effective teams directly or indirectly.
• Understanding of process controls and compliance oversight and ability to apply business based analysis.
• Ability to communicate throughout the organizational structure.
• Must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally, with the ability to motivate on a one-on-one basis as well as in large presentation forums.
• Must demonstrate leadership skills and behaviors that align with the companies Leadership Characteristics, Vision and Values.
• Must have demonstrated customer confidence and credibility, including the ability to understand and interface with customers and senior leaders of the organization.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Valid Through: 2019-11-12