Logistics done differently.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a rapidly expanding global company? Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune Magazine and one of America's best employers by Forbes. As the General Manager, you'll be responsible for the efficient operation of the warehouse, including order fulfillment, shipping/receiving and inventory control activities. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide daily supervision of warehouse associates to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse
- Maintain work schedules and work assignments; ensure time and attendance is properly maintained, monitored and approved in a timely manner
- Manage all equipment for efficient utilization, and coordinate all equipment maintenance needs
- Train, maintain and model the 7S Workplace Organization standard; ensure all safety procedures and policies are followed
- Partner with staff to manage and maintain appropriate stock at all times
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in supply chain management in a distribution environment
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge and experience
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
- Ability to monitor and enforce safety measures and policies for all internal team members and external vendors; able to provide coaching for supervisors to ensure a safe work environment
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Working knowledge of financial accounting and human resources practices .