Currently, Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a high energy, innovative, and inspiring General Manager to lead the team of the Mills House, Wyndham Grand Hotel. The ideal leader will drive a winning atmosphere for the hotel to achieve profitability, surpass guest satisfaction and nurture our talented associates.
Value Your Team:
- Ensure utilization of Wyndham tools and resources to ensure the property has a competitive edge to attract and develop talent.
- Assist in driving a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through associate development and motivation.
- Develop a system of collaboration and ensure to foster open communication by adhering to our “open door policy”.
Develop a Strategic Business Plan
- Support the Director of Sales to prospect new and nurture existing clients to grow and improve the financials of the hotel.
- Utilize data, to review past, present and future trends to elevate the innovation and competitive strategy of the hotel.
- Develop business plan designed to maximize guest satisfaction, profitability, and market share.
Be the Brand
- Ensure that the Wyndham COM! culture is threaded throughout the guest and associateexperience.
- Implement change and innovation to elevate associate engagement and the guest experience.
- Support various social media initiatives to market and highlight the individuality of the hotel and its position in the community.
- Act as an Ambassador to promote opportunities that increase awareness of our philanthropic goals throughout the community.
Ensure Quality and Efficiency
- Establish systems to inspect programs and practices of your team to produce established goals and initiatives.
- Walk the floor daily to be visible and ensure that guest expectations are met and exceeded.
- Leverage key performance indicators to review and enhance overall hotel effectiveness.
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- Hotel or General Manager experience in a comparable hotel environment
- Ability to work, weekends, holidays and extended hours.