Effectively manage, direct and control all operations of the plant to ensure established standards for product quality and safety, employee welfare and costs of operations are maintained through optimum use of personnel, materials, equipment and facilities while adhering to approved company policies. Coach, develop and inspire a high performing core team for Operations. Create an employee friendly environment where all employees are encouraged and developed to reach their full potential for long term employee satisfaction. Support Company customer service and inventory goals through direct management of purchasing, production scheduling and product deployment. Interface regularly with other AFNA management to set and establish plant strategies,and guidelines meeting company short and long-term goals.
· Provide strong leadership and direction of for the plant in all areas of responsibility including strong employee engagement, administration, manufacturing, quality, maintenance, safety, and employee welfare and materials management.
· Must work closely with corporate functional areas of Windsor Ajinomoto Foods, including the areas of production planning and inventory control, quality assurance, finance, purchasing and human resources. The position also interfaces regularly with technical services, marketing, sales and engineering to coordinate timely production and development of products and new processes.
· Possess and exercise diverse management skills in effectively directing a complex organization, including directing a diverse skilled and unskilled work force. Important to be able to develop and create positive team environment where employee needs and concerns are heard and addressed. Ensure strong paths of communication are de eloped and maintained between all departments and levels of employees.
· Responsible for long-range planning, capital project executions, operational budgeting along with performance against that budget and cost reduction programs.
· Create an environment where product quality and safety is a priority, and is as important as productivity. Work closely with Corporate QA/FS to implement and enforce these quality guidelines.
· Must ensure plant and personnel meet all government requirements including USDA, FDA, EPA, OSHA, CAL-OSHA, EEOC, etc.
· Establish and maintain a proper Company image and good community relations.
· Directs loss prevention and effort to reduce incident rates and workers compensation costs.
· Interact with other plant managers and Company management within AFNA to share best practices.
Performance against standards: Direct plant operations and maintenance within budgeted cost standards.
Production Planning and Logistics: Direct plant operations to meet production schedules to effectively control inventory levels of materials and finished goods, as well as deployment of those finished goods to satisfy customer service requirements.
Personnel Planning: Hire, develop and motivate personnel who will contribute towards an effective manufacturing organization capable of achieving short and long-range goals of the Company.
Optimization: Collaborate with all AFNA divisions and departments to institute cost improvement studies, management control systems and equipment installations which will reduce costs and/or provide information for long range improvement planning.
New Products and Line Extensions: Ensure that new products and line extensions are launched on a timely basis at the current acceptance standards and lowest manufacturing costs.
Quality Assurance/Product Safety: Ensure that Company’s quality control standards are maintained and every effort is made to prevent product contamination of any kind.
Asset Stewardship: Ensure that assets are properly procured, protected, controlled, maintained and utilized to the best advantage of the Company.
Engineering: Direct plant engineering efforts and expansions towards effective use of approved capital budget.
Employee Relations: Promote favorable employee relations through qualified supervision and proper interpretation and application of policies.
Safety /Fire Protection and Housekeeping: Ensure that effective sanitation, safety and fire protection programs are established and maintained.
Government Compliance: Ensure continuing compliance with all government requirements, including not limited to FDA, EPA, USDA, OSHA, CAL-OSHA, EEOC, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree (BS) preferred in a related technical or management discipline and 8+ years of hands-on experience, preferably in the food industry OR equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of 5 years of this experience must be in prior plant management or operations management of a very large operation.
· Experience with USDA required; experience with Ready-to-Eat (RTE) facility operations a plus.
· Ability to analyze and interpret manufacturing variances to ensure performance to budget in order to drive the plant’s financial performance.
· Must have strong leadership, team building and communication skills.
· Ability to identify employee skill level and delegate responsibility accordingly.
· Solid organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to show good judgment and sound reasoning skills.
· Must have strong social skills; must be able to work well with others, train and supervise staff; motivate employees, and direct activities.
· Must be able to multitask effectively, able to organize work, formulate policy, planbudgets, assess, evaluate and solve problems.
· Must be a team player, which includes the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Must have strong floor presence with the ability to interact effectively with employees at different skill levels.