Industry: Retail & Consumer Goods•
Less than 5 years
Posted 205 days ago
discover your purpose...
Promote a sales culture by motivating & inspiring others to achieve individual & team goals. Manage Units Per Transaction, Average Transaction, Conversion & Sales Per Hour. Provide leadership by analyzing Week-to-Date, Month-to-Date, Year-to-Date sales & develops action plans to drive top line sales. Manage payroll budgets and P&L to ensure store's contribution is on target. Ensure the individual & collective skills of the team are utilized effectively, building a strong People-First culture. Prepare for future growth by identifying on-going personnel needs, actively recruiting & hiring top talent. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistent compliance.
who we are...
*Our mission is to offer choice in products & services, build community through connections with clients & collaborators & focus on honest business practices in everything we do, from supply chain transparency to sustainability.
who you are...
*Passionate about "owning your business" & always empowered to make decisions that best support business needs
*Aligned with the business at all times & in tune with our product assortment in order to make selections
*Results-oriented leader, who has an excellent ability to motivate & influence others through actions & examples
*Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are consistently looking for ways to think outside-the-box
*Proven success achieving results both independently & through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork
*Risk-taker who is not afraid to go above & beyond to exceed a customers' expectations in order to close a sale
*Agile leader who loves to prioritize, plan & adjust their schedule to ensure business goals are achieved
*Loves to utilize critical-thinking in managing processes, routines & best practices to limit company exposure & loss
at west elm, you will...
*Function as a Shopkeeper of your own retail store, by engaging with the local community both in-store & via social media, driving sales traffic & selecting product assortment aligned with your specific customer needs
*Communicate regularly with your District Manager regarding inventory levels, markdowns, trends, best sellers & merchandising needs
*Ensure the sales floor is adequately staffed from a sales & tactical perspective, providing world-class service
*Analyze business trends & create, implement & communicate weekly plans to all associates
*Develop Assistant Managers' sales-management skills including performing hourly reads, analyzing Units Per Transaction, Average Transaction, Conversion & Sales Per Hour & effectively increase staff productivity by team-selling & coaching in the moment
*Ensure outreach & clientele programs are developed & consistently managed
*Assess & manage personnel needs on an on-going basis & prepare for future growth by proactively recruiting top talent at all levels
*Implement & manage ongoing programs to ensure staff is trained in product knowledge & operational systems
*Identify future leaders & mentor them by creating action plans to improve skill sets & manage scope of job responsibilities
*Manage & assess performance through consistent feedback, coaching & creating developmental plans & performance appraisals
*Create & ensure a positive environment where all associates are treated fairly & with dignity in accordance with our People-First Philosophy
*Ensure brand merchandising standards are maintained & that store is consistently replenished & organized
*Ensure seasonal floor set implementation & seasonal merchandise updates are completed in a timely manner, through effective planning & business partnerships
*Ensure markdowns are taken & necessary product moves/signage are completed within prescribed timeframes
*Establish & maintain a safe work environment & ensures ongoing training & awareness
*Ensure all company policies & procedures are consistently followed by Williams-Sonoma Inc. associates, vendors & suppliers
*Manage & control payroll, supply levels, courier costs, cash control & correct billing/coding
*Ensure timely resolution of client service issues including delivery/pick-up & outstanding issues through effective use & management of client information reporting system
*Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation & change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively, develops self & others, creates teams & partnerships, focuses on the customer, models personal accountability, builds operations excellence & drives execution
* Develop and execute strategy to drive sales and build customer loyalty through store programs including but not limited to; networking, culinary classes and events, credit card, gift registry and community outreach.
* Model exemplary service and ensure managers perform effective floor supervision to drive sales while maintaining exceptional customer service and visual presentation.
* Recognize and motivate associates to build loyal customer relationships.
* Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service and product knowledge.
* Prepare associates for increased levels of responsibility, using individual development plans and 'Division of Responsibility' assignments.
* Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback using performance management processes.
* Actively network, interview, select and on-board associates.
* Build positive working relationships with store team, District Manager and brand partners to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
* Communicate openly to create an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
* Forecast and adjust monthly payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales/payroll goals and complete workload.
* Assess store metrics and associate behaviors to identify strengths and opportunities to maximize store results.
* Plan and delegate key initiatives. Collaborate with team to anticipate challenges and re-assess changing
* Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met including; workplace safety, risk management, merchandise management, and loss prevention.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
what we're looking for...
*4+ years as a retail store manager and/or multi-unit supervisor
*Proven ability to manage staff to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets
*Excellent ability to identify top talent, create teams & train, develop & retain great people
*Superior critical thinking skills to creatively identify challenges & develop action plans in a timely manner
*Great time management skills & ability to execute multiple tasks & appropriately manage competing priorities
*Strong communication skills & ability to organize & lead a team to achieve sales goals
*Proven ability to adapt quickly to ambiguity & allocate time to execute multiple tasks & changing priorities
*Must be able to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
*Availability to work closing shift a minimum of three times per week, inclusive of three Saturdays & two Sundays per month, in addition to annual inventory & entire holiday season (November through January)
*Must be able to lift & mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment & safety techniques
*This role may require occasional overnight travel to support the needs of the business