HBR Solutions - Where Talent Meets Opportunity
We have currently engaged in a search for a GENERAL MANAGER for an Automotive Manufacturer in Tennessee.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and overall site administration to ensure the safe, efficient and profitable operation of multiple manufacturing plants. This position is accountable for ensuring customer expectations are met and that the standards of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale , Environment are exceptional.
- Develops, recommends, and leads the strategies related to the identification, prioritization and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to improve plant targets.
- Partners with Manufacturing Engineers, Design Engineers and Logistics Management to evaluate equipment upgrades and Capex requirements
- Initiates actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and quality systems
- Identifies and records any problems relating to the product, process and quality system; recommends or provides solutions through designated channels; verifies the implementation of solutions and controls further processing or delivery of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
- Plans, organizes, directs, and runs day-to-day operations to meet daily/ weekly/ monthly manufacturing targets, customers' expectations and revenue goals. Liaises with senior management on the status of plant performance.
- Coordinates, directs and manages teams to ensure manufacturing targets and objectives are met.
- Communicates with the teams to share company goals and objectives
- Partners with location and corporate support teams to manage and control costs (raw materials, finished goods, inventories, shipping, warehousing) to drive plant EBITDA.
- Maintains overall accountability for develop a culture focused on achieving the highest standards of quality for all parts produced, certified and/ or shipped.
- Drives a culture of quality excellence by ensuring that quality principles and methodologies are an established way of doing business.
- Ensures that TS16949 and ISO14001 systems are maintained, monitored and improved
- Current GM experience with tier 1 or 2 automotive manufacturing
- University degree or minimum 10 years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 years of experience in a plastics manufacturing facility at a manager-level or minimum 12 years of experience in a non-automotive manufacturing environment.
- Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and results orientation.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementation skills.