As a Tory Burch General Manager you are the ultimate ambassador of our brand. You’re accountable for creating a highly productive environment in which customers have an extraordinary experience, employees are able to do their best and the business thrives. This requires a constant balancing of priorities, including strategic, operational & leadership excellence with an authentic approach.
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
- Achieve financial targets through a strategic approach focused on developing, monitoring and the improvement of measureable statistics that drive the business.
- Oversee the development of clientele through leading by example in the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, produce strong results from proactive outreach and the development of a client business through your sales staff.
- Development of business driving initiatives that build a repeat business or that attracts a new customer.
- Model and supervise the selling environment, providing consistent coaching on sales, product and client training in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales.
- Ensure disciplined management of store expenses such as payroll/wages, supplies, associate wardrobe, etc.
- Manage your people resources to maximize sales, traffic flow, floor coverage and customer engagement.
- Be proactive in communicating about product buying & allocation according to your customer demographic & business potential.
- Analyze, interpret & strategically apply data (both internal measures & external trends) to identify key issues and maximize your business; this includes reporting-out of key information to inform corporate partners.
- Run your business with agility, changing direction & continuously improving based on key indicators and lessons learned.
Leadership & People Management
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the company’s core values.
- Translate the company’s overarching vision & strategy in a way that resonates with your team & maximizes your business.
- Set clear goals & expectations and hold people accountable to a high standard of excellence.
- Manage overall team performance & growth.
- Build a world-class talent pool.
- Create & execute a strategy for effective store communications (team-based as well as one-on-one) to ensure that your staff is involved & updated.
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth.
Create the Customer Experience
- Lead by example & create an environment and a team that consistently delivers transformational customer experiences.
- Create, model and manage a highly productive selling environment by providing consistent training & coaching.
- Take ownership for the transformational experience in your boutique – customize it for your customer demographic & enable your team to develop & maintain productive customer relationships.
- Ensure visual merchandising and maintenance standards are met at all times.
Represent the Brand
- Emulate, teach and coach the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of fashion sensibility and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Oversee the development of clientele by designing & supporting strategic initiatives that build our customer base & increase repeat business.
- Take ownership for maintaining the Tory Burch aesthetic across all touch points including associate presentation, dress code, visual standards, maintenance and merchandising to create a fully branded environment.
- Contribute to the community in a way that is aligned with Tory Burch social responsibility initiatives & that helps us reach new customers & build brand awareness.
- Generate new ideas & apply an entrepreneurial spirit to help build & continuously improve the business.
- Understand the importance of & ensure the efficient running of all store operations.
- Consistently adhere to all operational procedures and guidelines.
- Proficient and expert user of all core systems & technologies including but not limited to POS, Epicor/Web-IM, Client Book, i-Pad & Microsoft Excel and Word applications.
- Enforce our people policies & ensure accurate and timely processing of employee paperwork (including but not limited to payroll & time/attendance, employee changes & employee discipline).
- Protect our assets by adhering to all loss prevention and operational policies & procedures.
- Manage all inventory movement by ensuring the accurate & timely processing of mark-downs, transfers, RTVs & consolidations, damages and repairs, shipment receiving, customer sends, POS transactions, etc.
- Ensure strong partnership with your DOS/MM and other Corporate Partners to ensure alignment & timely two-way communication.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi task and prioritize work to produce desired outcomes
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus).
- 5+ years experience as a General Manager in a luxury or service driven environment.
- Proven track record of success.