The General Manager is responsible for the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the facility has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiencies.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Accountable for the management of all departments or functional groups through subordinate Managers/Supervisors and for all personnel issues-including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
- Interaction with and responsibilities for Operations, Human Resources, Safety/Loss Prevention, and Inventory Control to drive results and deliver solutions.
- Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance. Controls and minimizes operating expenses.
- Maintains existing facilities and equipment; replaces, or makes adjustments to warehouse facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes to allow company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, and business goals and objectives.
- Assumes responsibility for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the warehouse as required.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel, designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivates and leads a high performance management team; attracts, recruits and retains required members of the team as needed; provides mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the distribution center.
- Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers, and all business partners. Ensures the OSHA requirements and all Federal and State Law and compliance are effectively implemented.
- Ensures sanitation meets UNFI requirements for all areas of warehouse and fleet. Ensures forklifts, trailers, trucks, stackers, ladders, pallets, shelves, and Warehouse machinery are in safe operating condition.
- Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws, as well as all company policies.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Achieve expense related budget criteria in all departments of the Distribution Center, Warehouse, Transportation, HR, Inventory Control.
- Leads distribution center efforts in meeting all Operational Excellence metrics including but not limited:
- Warehousing – Mispicks, Billed not Received, Damages, Spoilage, Production, Labor Management, Slotting, Engineered Standards, Safety, Energy Conservation and Recycling.
- Transportation – On Time Deliveries, On Time Dispatch, Idle Time, Miles per Stop, Miles per Route, Miles per Gallon, Standardized Routing and People Net Reporting.
- Human Resources – Recruitment, Training and Retention, Associate Turnover and Associate Development, Performance Management, EEOC Compliance, Administration of all UNFI Associate Benefit Plans.
- Safety – DART Rate, Workman’s Comp% to Sales and Compliance with and Successful Ranking of UNFI Safety Audit.
- Sanitation – Compliance with and Superior Rating on AIB or other internal or external audit metric.
- Inventory Control – Perform Cycle Count Protocol Quarterly, Achieve minimum accuracy standards of UNFI.
- Sustainability – Meet UNFI Standards for Energy Conservation and Recycling.
- All Service, productivity, accuracy and safety targets are well coordinated and delivered in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws.
- Inventory records and documents are current, accurate, and well organized.
- Machinery, equipment, and systems are in good working condition and preventive maintenance is performed as scheduled
- Effective hiring and retention of a motivated workforce assures personnel are effective, efficient, and optimally utilized.
- Maintains positive internal and external customer relations
- Develop and promote a respectful workplace through review of policies and procedures and actions that support and encourage respectful behavior.
- Management is informed of area activities and of any significant problems
- Bachelor Degree preferred and/or equivalent related experience
- Excellent understanding of Profit and Loss statements
- Understanding of Customer Service and UNFI Service Goals
- Understanding of Company operations
- Knowledge of budgeting, supply contracts, and shipping requirements
- Knowledge of corporate compliance, ethics policies and code of conduct
- Understanding of Inventory Control and Management procedures
- Understanding of Material Handling Equipment Operations and Maintenance
- Knowledge of OSHA, HAACP and Sanitation standards
- Knowledge of Safety and Loss Prevention
- Understanding of DOT Regulations, Outbound Transportation systems and radio frequency systems
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead at least one other department outside Operations (i.e. Inventory Control or SLP or both)
- Five or more years of related experience with at least two or more years of leading both the Warehouse and Transportation departments
- Previous Change Management experience (driving, influencing, and inspiring change through communication at all impacted levels).
- Experience leading Cross Functional Teams
- Experience leading projects (business transfers, new facility openings, software implementations, etc.)
- System implementation experience is preferred
- Acts with integrity: demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior in all UNFI roles, tasks, and responsibilities, models the UNFI values
- Motivates self and others to accomplish important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple demands, creates a sense of urgency, delegates appropriately
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communications abilities
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer applications
Tracking Code 14806-935