Job Id: 1473
Scope: Oversees the operations and manufacturing functions for the assigned TTM Division. Includes direct oversight of manufacturing, engineering, and quality, facilities, purchasing, customer service, and production control. There is also a dotted line to human resources, finance, and IT. Responsible for formulating and implementing successful manufacturing strategies that meet or exceed production goals, cost, quality, an on-time delivery metrics. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks, leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position is outward facing to TTM customers and other TTM facilities in North America and Asia Pacific. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise all manufacturing operations for the Division, responsible for upgrading the manufacturing function through implementation of “world-class” systems and strategies.
- Drive continuous and significant improvement in the key measures of cost (productivity), quality, and on-time delivery.
- Establish, monitor and review cost and quality performance to facility goals.
- Formulate manufacturing and sourcing strategies, produce capital planning, project planning and drive these through to completion.
- Responsible for the Division budget, cost control, and production efficiencies.
- Create reporting, analyze production results, and interpret the Division direction and necessary actions to ensure the success of the Division.
- Develop a results oriented team, providing leadership and mentoring.
- Create a culture where employees have the authority to make decisions and are accountable for those decisions.
- Ensure continuous productivity improvement as measured by dollars output per input for materials, overhead, and labor.
- Communicate overall company objectives and direction, communicate all production, quality, and safety related issues accordingly.
- Oversee the plant safety program and environmental compliance, responsible for the work activity and safety of the division employees
- Respond in a timely manner to all customer or facility needs.
- Must be available during off shifts and weekends.
- Recommend and implement changes to ensure goal attainment, ensure all jobs are shipped on time, facilitate collaboration across work groups and between divisions
- Travel to other North American and Asia Pacific TTM facilities at least once per quarter.
- Travel to Customer locations once or twice per quarter.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of PCB manufacturing, concepts, practices, and procedures. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and management skills, quickly assessing current operations, define core competencies, create, and execute a manufacturing strategy that incorporates those competencies.
- Demonstrated success at creating or improving a world class organization.
- Optimize asset deployment to maximize returns, ability to develop a team of self-sustaining professionals that can provide best in class customer service including on-time delivery, quality, cycle time, and accuracy.
- Ability to implement effective organizational culture changes.
- Team player.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Engineering (ElectricalEngineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
- At least 10years of PCB manufacturing experience, successful implementation of organizational change as business conditions require.
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Preferredexperience with lean manufacturing systems, six sigma training, and international experience
- Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC.
- Reinforce to all employees the commitment of TTM management to abide by all US Export laws and regulations.Understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL).
- Support Export Compliance Officers and others in their efforts to ensure compliance with the Corporate Export policies through implementation and enforcement of these procedures, provide training to all facilities and departments and support periodic audits as required.
- Provide feedback to Corporate Export Compliance Office for continuous improvement of procedures and overall Export Compliance program.