Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, sub-assemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain - from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft - from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The General Manager will provide strategic vision, overall direction, leadership and oversight to the management team and workforce within the site, with a goal of generating maximum profitability and customer satisfaction. The General Manager will be responsible for the successful execution of programs, formulating and implementing winning program strategies, balancing risk, and maximizing the strength of the combined site and functional staffs. This also involves identifying and rationalizing technical trade-offs and positioning the products against competing solutions. It is critical that the General Manager has outstanding strategic and leadership skills and acts as the driving force to develop and build the business as well as to forge an effective management team.
The General Manager will be responsible for an individual facility which include the following responsibilities:
- Develop, and execute annual and long-term strategic business plans, policies and procedures which fulfill the growth and financial return objectives of each site / location, Operating Company, Business Unit and Triumph.
- Ensure specific goals, actions, and initiatives get implemented and worked with favorable results.
- Provide day to day leadership to the various operations teams that have responsibility to manage cost, quality and schedule of each specific department / program.
- Recruit, lead and organize a management team and provide for their training, development and motivation to meet the needs of their positions and the overall business needs.
- Create and maintain an employee relations climate which provides for retention and advancement of all employees.
- Supports both the culture to sustain high standards of compliance and the commitment that ensures all operations are controlled in accordance with company policies as well as State and Federal regulatory guidelines and statutes.
- Monitor and control development and production programs to ensure performance to cost, schedule and quality targets are maintained to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that on-time delivery and quality of products is consistent with customer requirements while driving positive customer relationships.
- Promote the development of existing and new products and designs to safeguard the business' competitive market position and secure future growth and profitability.
- Identify strategic long and short-term potential new business, programs, customers which meet overall business core competencies and technical expertise for the operating company.
- Serve as the face to external and internal customers including but not limited to company stakeholders, suppliers, regulatory agencies, community members, and state and local authorities.
- Manage communication to/from employees and continuously focuses on engaging the workforce, develop training plans, promoting positive employee relations, ensuring fair problem solving processes, and implementing performance management systems.
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through effective communications, in developing an efficient organizational structure that is responsive to strategic program requirements and changes.
- Support the business mission and vision of "One Triumph" by modeling desired behaviors, communicating and reinforcing key messages through daily activities and interactions.Responsibilities may differ among employees with the same job title and may change over time, in accordance with business needs
Must be a strategic, results oriented leader with sound judgment who will empower others to take ownership and pride in company operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or other related area; MBA or other Master's level degree preferred
- 7+ years of leadership experience at the senior management level with demonstrated success in profit and loss management
- 10+ years of direct operations management experience in manufacturing and engineering within the aerospace and defense industry.
- 10+ plus experience leading dynamic and successful teams, understanding how to motivate and inspire teams.
- Broad technical understanding of program management, engineering, processes, manufacturing operations, and applications.
- Detailed working knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement and their importance of driving cycle time and cost out of products produced with direct experience defining, deploying, and continuously improving core operations and management processes
- Working knowledge and understanding of business support functions and their contributions including human resources, information technology, accounting, finance, etc.
- Possesses the ability to apply logic to a wide range of abstract and practical problems faced in the context of business and to problem-solve possible resolutions and outcomes.
- Development and management of operating and capital investment plans.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral are critical
- Strong track record of establishing and developing a company culture focused on positive employee relations and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent with ability to build trust, influence and communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to collaborate broadly across all levels of the organization and achieve results through accountability with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience building dynamic, successful, high performing teams, understanding how to motivate and inspire.
- A champion that forges customer and vendor relationships.
- Ability to exercise influence without authority and deliver results without having direct control over the resources needed to achieve.
- Operations Leadership team with functional dotted line support team
- Matrix Manager responsibility for employees in business functional areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain, Information Technology, Business Development, Technology and Engineering