General Manager - Theater of the Living Arts
5 - 7 years experience • Arts & Entertainment
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Full responsibility for all aspects of entertainment venue business operations for the Theater of the Living Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Facilitates proper communication and organization in the venue, as well as to and from Home Office
- Provides overall leadership and support for all staff and management by creating the appropriate culture and character of the venue through his/her own personal and professional conduct
- Manages physical plant/facility to ensure proper maintenance and repair
- Maintains positive talent relations by developing a solid understanding of the music industry, to ensure that artists and industry representatives have positive experiences in the venue
- Ensures that all events are executed properly, to the client’s satisfaction
- Posses extensive knowledge in purchasing of all types of beverages and inventory management and cost and controls of beverages
- Works closely with local, state and governmental organizations in maintaining highest standards or health, sanitation and cleanliness in food and beverage areas
- Promotes positive employee relations including effective delegation of duties and fostering high staff morale
- Provides leadership and direction resulting in employee retention
- Identifies, develops and retains high potential Team Members to build business bench strength
- Creates and maintains framework for strong interdepartmental communication to effectively implement cross promotional goals and objectives
- Fosters and maintains community and partner relations that will further the interests of the company and venue
- Creates very positive guest relations/experiences in a manner that portrays an energetic, sympathetic image of the venue
- Analyzes demographics of the market and looks for opportunities to increase markets; works with marketing, special events and promotions staff to create internal, external promotions
- Reviews all special events contracts for profitability and feasibility for execution; ensures that all special events are executed to Live Nation Standards
- Participate in preparing annual budgets, in conjunction with executive leadership team and Home Office support team members
- Participate in developing long and short term plans for revenue growth and cost control measures
- Ensure systems and processes are in place for all cost controls/inventories
- Develops new revenue streams including programming, F&B promotions, talent, and retail
- Minimum 5 years experience as a general manager or operations manager in a hospitality related business
- Must have extensive background in eventsales and promotion
- Ability to perform all job duties and responsibilities
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Must have expertise in profitability analysis and budgeting
- Exhibits strong problem solving skills in long term and immediate situations
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.