This role is responsible for the commercial operations and strategic commercial direction of our Canadian business. Primarily focused on growing our commercial footprint, the role will have strategic input into all aspects of the Canadian business, including sales, marketing, client support, product, operations and clinical delivery. This is a key leadership role that will become the “face” of our Canadian business and can influence the future success of the Canadian company.
What you will do:
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Leadership and motivation of teams to achieve commercial and operational targets
- Profitably manage utilization of services with all key clients while improving value equation for all stakeholders
- Regular reporting of financial performance of the Canadian business
- Develop business growth opportunities in new markets such as Government or Providers
- Coordinate strategy with key senior leaders in clinical and operations to achieve Canadian goals
- Collaborate and drive execution of product strategy to ensure we stay innovative within Canadian business environment
- Monitor any competitor activities and developments and act or counteract in the appropriate manner
- Represent the compelling value of Teladoc Health to the market, speaking at conferences and events to grow the profile of Teladoc in Canada
- Develop and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with key senior leaders both internally and externally
- Travel required
Candidates will be expected to have:
- 15+ years commercial leadership experience
- Proven senior leadership skills managing senior level staff
- An understanding of Canadian insurance/employee benefits market
- MBA will be considered a strength
Candidates will be preferred if they have:
- Exposure to health-related technology industry
- Exposure to selling services in Government
- Exposure to Medical Industry
Candidates must be technically and operationally competent and have an extensive background in successfully running a large commercial organization in Canada. Exposure in the insurance and/or broader financial services sector will be highly regarded, as will experience from an organization with a similar health related profile to Teladoc. The skills of the successful candidate will include:
- A committed leader who can lead cross-organizational teams, generates passion and enthusiasm. Can build and manage a high performing team generating strong results.
- Commercial oriented, determined and driven by success. Can-do mentality. Keeps focus on agreed targets and objectives. Ambitious, passionate, energetic, persuasive.
- Strong understanding of the P&L. Can manage the numbers to produce top line while generating bottom line profit. Comfortable discussing margin and ROI. Can effectively provide monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Proven problem-solving skills. Can influence, negotiate and manage relationships to produce win-win scenarios.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Impactful, strong presentation skills. Can present to large group audiences.
- A person of integrity, gains credibility on basis of knowledge, experience and results.
- Deep client empathy; recognizes market trends and business dynamics. Understands relevance of new concepts and solutions and can “sell” ideas.
- Very competitive salary starting at $200,000 CAD & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- RRSP & DPSP - 5% match vested immediately
- 15 days paid vacation + 10 paid holidays
- Awesome people to work with
- Becoming a part of a movement in telemedicine and building something that matters