Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The GENERAL MANAGER Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for GENERAL MANAGER to be responsible for the Central Region . This individual will lead the company’s regional efforts to maintain and expand relationships with Sunnova’s dealers.
- The position is responsible for building, coaching and motivating regional sales, operations and technical teams to achieve goals and assigned strategic account objectives.
- The General Manager is the liaison between all the company departments in order to make dealers successful, achieving the company's expectations.
- The position requires demonstration of business/market development coaching experience, building account management teams and developing strong sales and operations management skills. Sunnova is a fast-growing company, looking for motivated people to grow along with our team.
General Manager Responsibilities
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning for Sales, Operations, and In-Service goal by establishing budgets, results measurements and allocating resources.
- Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining Account Managers.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies by enforcing organization standards.
- Directs and coordinates all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains company image by collaborating with dealers, government, and employees; enforces ethical business practices.
- Directs the management of Dealer’s quarterly and annual Sales and In-Service goals and performance.
- Oversees and directs all development plans for each assigned account, outlining key objectives and expectations for each account.
- Creates a culture of success contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Travels for in-person meetings with partners, key industry persons in order to develop strategic relationships.
- Education preferred : Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in sales and operations
- Minimum of 10 years leadership experience in sales and operations holding management roles with 5+ direct reports or more.
- Relevant experience in sales and operations teams in a business-to-business environment.
- Experience using Salesforce to support customer and dealer relationships.
- Project management experience.
- Postgraduate degree in business, marketing or finance preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge about utility companies’ policies and processes.
- Excellent analytical skills with understanding of financial and operational concepts.
- Sound judgmental powers; ability to respond promptly to the needs of the dealers and internal collaborators.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Self-motivated with an interest in marketing and the renewable energy/solar industry.
- Ability to adapt and work in an open, fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Home-based role, Central US, preferably Texas
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston; discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.