Provides the leadership, management, and vision to lead the US Sales Team in the achievement of company objectives/goals. Translates corporate strategic objectives into specific and actionable plans, objectives, and initiatives that deliver market share gains and consistent above market growth rates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Attainment of US Sales Revenue, Margin, and Profit targets
- Overall coordination, functional management, and leadership of all US sales channels and activities
- Development and execution of annual strategic plan and operating plan in coordination with companies long term strategic plan
- Recruitment, hiring, retention, and management of sales personnel
- In coordination with VP, Americas establish compensation plans for all sales personnel including salary structures, commission, bonus plans, sales contests and spiffs.
- Ensure appropriate sales, product, service, and leadership training is executed and meets evolving customer and industry trends.
- Coordination with local and global marketing teams to ensure effective and appropriate product and promotional mix
- Oversight and approval of domestic sales transactions and related policies and procedures
- Develop and manage relationships with cross functional teams (HR, Compliance, Ops, Finance, Regulatory, Education, Marketing) to achieve annual and long term business objectives
- Effective management and efficient use of company resources
- Develop and host annual sales meeting (with organizational support)
- Corporate liaison to key customers
- The GM US Sales is expected to be knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
Expected Areas of Competence
• Effective communicator with logical, organized and tactical verbal, written, listening and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills and ability in identifying and providing solutions to complex market dynamics
• Strong Financial Acumen, Business Acumen, and Independent Judgment
• Sales Management, Sales Methodology, Sales Process
• Effectively build and leverage internal and external relationships
• Fosters continuous individual development to build management depth and further enhance the technical and managerial skills of individuals through modeling accountability, formal training, mentoring and other experiences.
• Establishes and communicates US Business Segment Strategy
• Determines annual Budget for US Business Segment to efficiently drive growth
• Ability to interpret and apply Health Care Compliance Guidelines to all sales and marketing activities.
• Establishes a positive work environment where team members are motivated and empowered to make decisions
As part of the application the Culture Index Survey is to be completed. This is a survey not a test and it is used to identify a candidates strengths and abilities.
The survey will take 10 to 15 uninterrupted minutes.
To access the survey please copy and paste the link below in your browser:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. MSc/MBA preferred. 7+ years progressive sales management and proven P/L management experience . Dental experience and/or medical device experience preferred.