The General Manager oversees all day to day operations and liaises with clients for major national accounts. This role will run the day-to-day operations, assuring financial objectives are met while meeting service/quality requirements and creating a high performing operation. He/she is regarded by the management team as an expert for the production team and digital workflows that support it. The General Manager is responsible for day-to-day team management and workflow optimization. In addition, he/she works with their leadership to develop new business opportunities within the facility, assisting on pitches and client presentations.
Work is typically conducted unsupervised with only direction given in terms of desired outcomes. Able to understand the business strategy and goals to execute key duties and responsibilities to meet goals and objectives. Must be able to re-define processes if needed and provide subject matter expertise when working on assignments that typically are enterprise reaching or have high visibility for the organization.
- Ensuring print designs meet client instructions, quality standards and brand identity
- Acting as the point of contact for new and high-level clients/projects, delivering high quality customer service and follow-up
- Recruiting new talent, developing training/orientation materials, addressing performance concerns, and creating succession plans and rewards programs for your team
- Managing workflow to address production schedules, staffing needs, quality and technology, ensuring work is delivered on-time and on-budget
- Providing strategic planning to maintain high standards and streamline processes
- Approving estimates, creating POs and monitoring client billing and department budgets
- Supports and coordinates offshore team members to ensure seamless global client support
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BFA in graphic design, print management or media communications
Proven supervisory experience
5+ years experience in a fast-paced, high-volume position
Solid understanding of procedures, software and equipment in a creative services environment
Background in graphics design/project management (print and web)
Demonstrated customer service and written/verbal communication skills
Proven ability to multi-task, handle stressful situations and deadline pressures
High levels of tact and discretion to successfully maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials
Knowledge of Quark, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
Familiarity with implementing and maintaining corporate brand identity