General Manager – Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
This position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Relocation assistance is available.
Establish and execute business strategies to achieve short and long-term revenue and profitability objectives in a high growth and very dynamic environment. You will be responsible for the development and commercialization of industry leading smart robotics and AI solutions for the distribution center marketplace and beyond. You will lead business development and sales pursuits, drive technology and operational execution, oversee internal processes, and provide employee & technical leadership in the achievement of common goals. You will ensure a safe and engaged workforce and industry leading customer experience, in collaboration with peers, employees and cross-functional teams. You will be working directly with senior and executive level employees at some of the world's largest ecommerce and retail businesses delivering ground breaking robotics, vision and AI technology in conjunction with leading institutes and partners.
You will drive business objective achievement through effective cross-functional collaboration and relationship building and lead employee engagement via effective Positive Employee Relations plans. You will lead a team to define and deliver value for the company and customers through effective prioritization of product line investment and be at the forefront of the business's connected strategy.
This is a senior leadership role within our client's organization. The role will be part of the core leadership team reporting directly to the President.
This GM will have responsibility to develop and commercialize industry leading and innovative smart robotic and AI solutions with full accountability of financial results including direct ownership of orders, revenue, cash and operating income. The GM will be responsible to provide direct leadership to Sales and Operational Leaders in order to launch new solutions successfully and deliver profitable growth of the portfolio.
The GM has Sales, Project Managers, Technical Team and Product Leaders as direct reports.
Responsibility extends to working across the entire business unit portfolio ensuring activities and strategies are coordinated and executed. The leader will adopt contemporary operational execution methodologies appropriate for smart robotics and AI solutions.
The GM is the focal point and the most senior resource for the Robotics and AI Business. The GM leads and coordinates across all functions to ensure the business delivers as per commitment to customers and in alignment with the strategic plan.
The GM develops, sustains, and leverages Senior Executive relationships at the Customer organizations and is capable of:
• Working in complex technical and customer landscapes with speed
• Articulating the vision and value propositions clearly to the correct stakeholders
• Working across businesses to drive value for the broader organization
• Lead initiatives and proactively mitigates risks
• Responsible for creating a culture which is entrepreneurial, growth driven and professional
• Values speed AND innovation
• Build teams that stays ahead of the competition
• Collaborates with Educational Institutions and Third parties to drive technology leadership
• Promote the Company's safety culture and drive safety metrics always.
• Build a high performing leadership team to drive continuous improvement and enable succession
• Ensure effective performance management. Contribute / participate in organization development initiatives and identify / remove performance hurdles in an efficient manner.
• Make People Development and Performance Management a top priority.
• BS Degree
• Broad based leadership experience within a robotics or artificial intelligence orientated company
• Extensive experience and technology leadership in Robotics and AI
• Proven leadership and management bringing to market new solutions
• Software, Data Science/Analytics, Consulting and IoT leadership experience
• Ability to drive and execute major change initiatives
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships (external / internal)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead and develop effective teams / individuals
• Highly motivated and self-directed
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills