The General Manager of Information Technology - Quality Assurance & Engineering will be responsible for defining and implementing end to end quality engineering common services across the Delta IT enterprise.
These services will include but not limited to test environment engineering & management, test data management, Test automation services, performance test services, security & other non-functional testing services and innovation. This person will also lead a team of engineers working on building the common services capabilities and a team of program QA leads that are responsible to deliver cross enterprise programs.
In addition, the General Manager will lead some initiatives as part of QA/QE transformation strategy. The successful candidate must have proven leadership skills and the ability to drive and communicate change across the IT organization.
- Develop both tactical and strategic plans to build & enhance E2E Quality Engineering services & solutions to enable portfolio QA/QE core teams
- Drive certain tracks of QA/QE transformation strategy across various portfolios working with portfolio QE Architect and QA managers
- Research, evaluate and recommend processes and tools designed to improve QA & QE efficiencies and throughput
- Oversee exploratory efforts to understand new technology, processes, and tools. Help & drive portfolios shift left.
- Provide leadership oversight on the use of continuous improvement tools and techniques, drive unification of test automation framework, drive E2E test automation, CI/CD & continuous testing for Agile projects
- Lead through demonstration of Delta's core values as outlined in Rules of the Road. Communicate a compelling view of the organization's purpose and value in a way that helps others understand the importance and impact of their contributions; advocates for others
- Lead a team of 100+ members to develop specific behaviors, skills and/or knowledge needed to ensure sustained performance and long term success
- Support, influence and communicate the mission, goals, objectives, and practices of the department, technology group, and Delta
- Demonstrate leadership across multiple projects, peer groups, and departments in thought, initiative, responsibility, teamwork, actions, and culture
- Effectively manage relationships with customers (internal or external) & vendors
- Responsible for building a team including interviewing, training, coaching, and performance evaluations
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, motivate and develop staff
- Responsible for the financial control and accountability on capital and operating expenses for areas of responsibility
- Position requires 10 or more years of experience in Quality Engineering, Development & Engineeringexperience would be a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training Quality Engineering.
- MBA or Master's Degree preferred; Previous airline experience ideal
- Strong technical skills with experience test automation, testing frameworks and tools, Agile practices, CI/CD and performance testing
- In depth understanding of general IT architectural concepts, engineering, test environments & test data and tools
- 5 or more years of management experience managing large projects & testing teams
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to influence across all levels of the business and IT organizations in order to achieve business goals
- Strategic thought leader, with a demonstrated ability to identify business issues/opportunities and to frame sustainable solutions
- Excellent collaborative skills with ability to drive significant results in a highly matrixed organization
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of developing people and achieving challenging objectives