Plant Manager/General Manager
Responsible for achieving manufacturing facility operatives. Functionally responsible for production, quality assurance, maintenance, warehouse departments as well as their functional support teams on site. Develop initiatives to achieve performance, quality, and safety standards and ensure achievement of manufacturing goals. Work with Supply Planning as necessary for planning and forecast of new business/volume opportunities. Maximize productive capabilities to achieve customer satisfaction while attaining operating cost and goals. Manage and implement change to ensure continuous improvement.
- Facilitates development and implementation of the facility three-year business plan to include
- Organizational design and people plan for progressing through the maturity continuum to mini business unit high performing work teams
- Training and Development plan for the plant
- Equipment and facility improvement plan to include capital and expense spending
- Operational Excellence plan
- Infrastructure development plan to include IT/SAP, plant floor manufacturing execution system, on site COGEN operations and plant environmental systems as it relates to wastewater management etc.
- Business continuity plan
- Provide Leadership and Coaching for the Strategic Leadership Team for facility
- Operations Manager
- Business Unit Managers
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Site OE Lead
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Maintenance Engineering Manager
- Safety and Environmental Manager
- Coaches Strategic Leadership Team members on implementation of Leadership Lean Principles and Standard Work
- Coaches and supports the team members to develop a resource network; and identify resources within and outside North America Operating Unit to optimize effectiveness with customers and PSS network
- Facility operations lead for the ISO Internal Audit and Management Responsibility programs
- College Degree in Engineering or Business required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of successful management experience encompassing all facets of operations management required
- Strong understanding of budgetary development and management.
- Strong team player and motivated problem solver.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to constructively interact with others to resolve issues and improve the operation.
- Strategic vision and understand tactics necessary to achieve company goals.
- Promote and foster a diverse working environment.
- Strong skill set in the area of employee relations and adherence to of human resource policies.