Posting Number: 201653TL
Job Title: General Manager
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Education Requirements: BS/BA
- Direct and coordinate all of the activities performed by a cross-functional team, measure business performance on a regular basis while having ultimate responsibility for achieving the Business Unit's goals and objectives.
- Recommend and define objectives for each area of responsibility. Develop specific short-term and long-range plans and programs as well as supportbudget requests and financial estimates.
- Evaluate margin and profitability for the business, and ensure appropriate actions are taken to optimize these metrics where practical.
- Review and approve, or develop and submit for approval, plans for the management of operations, quality, budget spending, capital improvements, customer service and human resources.
- Review performance against operating plans and standards. Provide reports and interpretation of results to direct reports to shape actions.
- Ensure Business Unit regulatory compliance for the warehousing and transportation of pharmaceutical products and make recommendations for the improvement of policies and procedures.
- Drive a quality mindset within the business; ensure resources and processessupport delivery of high quality and service.
- Foster and maintain a customer focused culture throughout the business and maintain relationships with large customers as the executive sponsor.
- Work closely with the customer on initiatives to ensure mutually satisfying development, implementation and execution.
- Identify resource needs in line with defined strategies to grow and leverage the business
- Maintain awareness of and exercise sound business judgment in areas such as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic environment and related matters.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Cooperate and engage with other leaders within BSD to achieve business unit and divisional goals.
Minimal requirements include a BS/BA or equivalent in business or the sciences with 10 years of pharmaceutical clinical or commercial supply experience and 5 years progressive business management experience
Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in logistics, with exposure to freight forwarding, specialty courier, warehousing, and distributionpreferred
Prior business management experience, to include matrix management, with solid business results and direct management of a P&L
Experience in the 3rd Party Logistics industry, with customer and financial responsibility
THE SEARCHLOGIX GROUP