Our client is seeking a strong leader to join operations team in Phoenix as General Manager, Fulfillment Center II . This position drives consistency and accountability, implements company and building initiatives, provides solutions for improving performance and drives collaboration with company business partners and the operations team. The GM develops the Fulfillment Center management team and, through them, drives succession planning and talent/performance management. The GM creates a culture of associate engagement and strategically works to drive that culture through and initiatives. This position leads and shares responsibility for the creation and oversight of the DC's operational and financial goals alongside the management team.
- Direct a high performing, customer centric team. Select and develop their direct reports through coaching, mentoring, performance management, talent management and succession planning.
- Lead, motivate, and promote communication and collaboration with the direct and indirect reporting employees across the operations functions.
- Collaborate with senior business leadership and the Human Resource Business Partner to establish facility plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results.
- Build a strong, safe culture centered around quality, productivity, engagement, teamwork, and employee/management development.
- Develop building-wide goals that align with our values.
- Deliver results on the FC/Supply Chain metrics and drives financial performance to lower FC cost as a percent of sales.
- Drive consistency and accountability across the FC network, ensuring all employees are implementing best practices and following standardized methods and processes.
- Lead and develop Operations and FC teams to achieve high quality results and productivity, communicate strategy and business goals and track performance against those goals
- Partner with senior leaders and their teams to develop and execute strategies and activities that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. This includes taking ownership for designing, building and implementing programs, processes and tools to help set managers and employees up for success.
- Forecast, create, compile reporting and maintain building budget
- Partner with business leadership to identify opportunities to attract, develop and retain people to achieve their potential.
- Support the analysis and facilitation of leadership and cultural initiatives.
- Assist with the communication and rollout of updated or new HR programs and policies.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required and assigned which may include cross-team initiatives across all our locations.
- Experience: 6+ years of experience with increasing leadership responsibility, experience as a senior leader in a distribution/fulfillment/warehouse environment
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration or other related field; graduate degreepreferred.
- Self-starter with ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to navigate leaders through a variety of organizational changes.
- A passion for change management.
- Proven track record of setting and achieving company goals and visions; experience building a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to bring together cross functional teams that work collaboratively towards common goals.
- People oriented leader with compassion, vision and exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
- A proactive, high-energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement.
- High attention to detail and ability to detect inconsistencies.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong ability to develop relationships internally and externally.
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills and identify and drive appropriate solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Strong consultative service and influencing skills with the ability to challenge decisions and facilitate change.
- Excellent organization and detail skills, able to work well under stress, meet deadlines and ability to work independently and follow through on work assignments.
- Excellent computer skills in MSWindows environment, including MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio & PowerPoint), and report preparation and updating.
- Able to manage workflow, with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced, frugal environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
- Able to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently to deliver results.
- Standing and moving about the facility
Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds