Leads and directs all distribution center operations including warehousing, transportation, inventory management, logistics and all front office functions. Partners with Regional Director of Operations to develop operational goals and objectives and associated programs, policies and procedures to drive the efficient and profitable operation of the DC. Partners with sales team on sales, implementations and client management efforts for the DC participating in customer meetings and consultative selling. May serve as a Lead Partner. Manages the conversion of new customers at the site to ensure successful implementation of new business. Establishes strong relationships with customers to ensure appropriate levels of customer service are provided at all times. Responsible for recruiting, training, leading and developing teammates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Leads and directs the warehousing, transportation, distribution and logistics functions for the Distribution Center to effect the most efficient management of company assets, while attaining targeted customer service levels and ensuring company practices and standards are implemented and maintained. Monitors and reports progress of distribution center against agreed upon goals and objectives.
2. Establishes and maintains relationships with customers and partners with field leadership to ensure customer needs, contract terms and standard operating procedures are met.
3. Works with teammates, local sales team, field operations leadership, and vendor representatives to resolve issues relating to product quality, availability and delivery schedules. Provides customer interface for new services and programs and problem resolution.
4. Develops budgets for their distribution center and manages within budgeted parameters. Accountable for the P&L for the distribution center and recommends ways of maximizing resources and creating value for clients and Owens & Minor.
5. Builds and tailors standard operating procedures and work instructions for warehouse management, inventory management and transportation to support the business.
6. Hires, assesses, develops and leads warehouse and front office teammates providing opportunities for continuous growth and development through appropriate training and certifications.
7. Acts as the distribution center safety coordinator partnering with Compliance, Human resources and OMU to promote safety and ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA, DOC, FDA, EPA Federal, State and other local regulatory agencies. Sponsors the DC Safety Committee for their site, adhering to the GM Checklist and implementing all assigned Standard Operating Procedures that focus on safety and security of our teammates and assets.
8. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met regarding scheduled drugs, hazardous material, dating merchandise, storage requirements and reporting agencies that include DOL, DEA, FDA, OSHA and others.
9. Approves credits/returns, re-bills and invoice exceptions.
10. Acts as human resource official in regards to areas such as unemployment compensation, compensation, drug testing and workers compensation.
11. Responsible for budget preparation, management, review and approval of appropriate expenses. Evaluates and coordinates capital equipment purchases and coordinates Capital Expenditure Request (CER) with Regional Director Operations.
12. Monitors customer service levels and assists in resolution of issues. Actively develops and implements programs and systems to ensure the highest quality customer service in the market. Maintains positive relationships with customers and provides support to their business needs.
13. Administers and monitors approved accounting practices to ensure financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations. Ensures all practices and procedures comply with audit requirements and meet operational standards.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. May coordinate OMNI data security.
2. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
Broad knowledge of a discipline such as chemical, electrical, or mechanical engineering, behavior science, finance or business administration. Four yearundergraduatedegreerequired.
Over five years (up to and including) seven years.
OR any combination of education and experience to meet the above requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
A. Proven ability to provide leadership in a complex business operation
B. Very strong functional knowledge of distribution industry
C. Very strong financial analysis and management skills with an ability to interpret and respond to financialreports
D. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
E. Demonstrated ability to think creatively
F. Very strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
G. Customer service oriented