The successful candidate will provide proven leadership skills, strong business acumen, and technical competence to successfully direct and manage all levels of the engineering operations at the Dearborn office. The incumbent will be accountable for quality services to clients and development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees. Sound economic principles are paramount in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Provide leadership and direct all activities of the office including planning and managing the engineering/ technical performance to ensure quality, business and financial objectives are attained.
- Participate in the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities and participate with the Executive management team in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the Dearborn office.
- Participate in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of staff to ensure the availability of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Identify engineering/project issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specifications.
- Act as the primary contact for office activities, lead development of technical documentation plans/schedules, and lead progress review sessions to discuss deliverables, costs, schedule, and technical performance.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- B. S. in Engineering (or equivalent) and must have significant experience in technical design and project management with Consulting Engineering Firms in a heavy industrial environment, as well as, 10 or more years in a supervisory capacity.
- Professional Engineering license is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of engineering design, asset maintenance, concepts and theory, as well as comprehensive leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating efforts to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with professional and support staff, other offices, all levels of management, customers, and potential customers.
- Demonstrated superior business acumen.
- Superior organizational, multi-tasking, and problem resolution skills.
- Practice a leadership style based on collaboration and motivation to take the office to the "next level".
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and strong background in employee relations in a diverse work environment.
- Travel up to 25%.