Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is a North American market leader in Glass Fabrication and Glazing Systems. With more than 70 locations nationwide and 6,000 plus employees, Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is currently looking to identify a General Manager for our Grand Prairie, TX Glass Fabrication Plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Plant Operations, Quality, Engineering, Sales and Controller duties.
- Responsible for all budgets, operating costs, capital expenditures, and reporting.
- Required to keep informed of all government rules and regulations and how they apply to the glass industry as well as new procedures that may be pertinent to reducing operating costs and to the glass market and purchase prices.
- Must have ability to create, recommend and manage capital projects and hands on management experience with budgeting, quality assurance, and troubleshooting equipment.
- Place high priority on reducing OSHA Recordable Incident Rate. Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Accountability for conforming to metrics and goals related to safety, quality, efficiency, teamwork with sales and customer service and the completion of work centers in each department.
- Initiative plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while insuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports strategic initiatives.
- Use lean manufacturing, 5S and six sigma techniques and focus on fact based problem solving to drive process improvement and reduce waste. Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus.
- Assure that collective bargaining agreements are effectively administered and that employee grievances are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with department heads to ensure coordination between sales, customer service, loading, shipping, purchasing, receiving and finance.
- Select and train plant supervisory and administrative staff.
- 4 yeardegree; business or technical field OR equivalent
- 10 years’ experience managing multi-level reporting structures within a manufacturing environment
- Experience finding and developing leadership talent
- Energetic, creative, self-directed manager with high level of integrity required.
- Union experience
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- P&L / financial / budgeting experience
- Regular and Predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and precedures are essential of the job.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion.
Job ID: 130409