This role will report in to senior leadership and be responsible for producing meaningful contributions, by hiring and managing world class staff, establishing a vision for the division and accomplishing agreed upon goals for revenue and profitability.
Product management can be referred to as the ‘everything’ profession. It is often the hub for all departments and manages many critical projects at the same time.
Building upon their demonstrated success in product management and software leadership, this individual will take into account; lifecycle considerations in a very complex and developing market and manage the process of driving the DataPath’s core products and new ideas in order to maximize revenue.
This is an opportunity for a driven leader; to make their mark on an industry and build a legacy for themselves and the Company. It is both strategic and execution focused.
It will require all of the management tools a world class leader can muster. It also requires an individual who has experience supporting government and commercial clients and understands their individualized requirements.
- Increase revenue generation and improve corporate performance within in the Software and Cyber Division
- Build a world-class team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling and managing direct reports
- Establish internal and external communications plans to evangelize the corporation’s value proposition, develop and implement product strategies, set goals and objectives and work across all internal organizations to achieve and implement these initiatives
- Developing strategic plans by studying opportunities; presenting assumptions and recommending objectives to develop, sell and support successful software products. Gain understanding of the company’s client base and its history, in order to market current solutions effectively, identify new or emerging markets and opportunities, and devise appropriate upgrades, enhancements or nodules.
- Establish Product Management as a core function of the organization
- Accomplish the business objectives by establishing plans, budgets and KPI’s to measure results, appropriately allocate resources, review progress and make necessary corrections quickly and thoughtfully as required
- Coordinate efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field and technical services policies and practices
- Build the company’s image by collaborating with customers, partners, government representatives and community organizations
- Maintain world class quality and service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Build and maintain customer satisfaction that will make it easier for the sales organization to upsell and cross sell
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing and relating results as needed.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of demonstrated product management leadership and success
- Minimum of 10-12 years of people management
- Demonstrated success in bringing existing and new software products to market
- Knowledge of software security is critical and knowledge and experience within the cyber security market is welcomed
- Demonstrated team building experience
- Proven success in building a software company from early stages to market acceptance
- Have a profound knowledge of selling software profitably
- Demonstrated experience in a growth environment and ability to manage within limited structure, while building that structure and implementing scalable processes and procedures
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Demonstrated success in selling and executing a vision
- Demonstrated organization skills and a history of instilling discipline and keeping commitments
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross functionally and building consensus for new ideas
- High intellectual capacity
- History of building strong and lasting relationships
- Proven ability to manage technical employees
- Degree in computer science and an MBA preferred
Requisition ID : 1575