Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others- vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Position: General Manager - B Property
Relocation: Assistance Provided
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, ancillary sales and revenue generation. Ensures implementation of the Marriott Vacation Club brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations and increased profitability. Holds property leadership team accountable for strategy execution, and guides their individual professional development. Ensures the objectives and goals of Marriott Vacation Club, Condominium Owner Boards (COB) and [Trust owners?] work together to achieve brand positioning and success. Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results. Partners with the site process team (Project Director-Sales and Construction Manager), if applicable, to maximize site customer and associate satisfaction and profitability. Represents Marriott Vacation Club brand values in all leadership actions.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Leading Property Strategy, Operations, and Management of Department Budgets
- Develop a property strategy that is aligned with the brand-s business strategies.
- Stay highly visible and interfaces with owners and guests on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Analyze business results and works with executive committee to develop an effective strategy to address needs.
- Make key decisions and oversees execution, remove obstacles to success and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results.
- Review financialreports and statements to determine how business unit is performing against budget.
- Work with executive committee to determine areas of concern and develop strategies to improve the property-s financial performance.
- Ensure capital expenditure funds are being used to address the priorities outlined in the brand business strategy.
- Ensure service programs are in place and executed against.
- Provide timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards, including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
- Create and support clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day
- Review and follow-up on property GSS scores and comments
- Walk the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work, public, and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
Managing Owner Relationships
- Oversee Condominium Owner-s Associate (COA) management in accordance with legal requirements of the State Statue.
- Develop a mutually beneficial relationship with the board of directors.
- Organize, document and oversee COA meetings in accordance with Association Governance requirements of the State.
- Work with COA to establish budget and Reserve funding for capital expenditures.
- Influence COA to maintain and accept Brand Standard changes.
- Remain current of government regulations and legislation in order to manage the associate relations program to ensure/enforce consistent and fair application and compliance of Marriott, State, and Federal regulations.
- Maintain legally required Condominium Management license within the State of property.
Supporting Brand, Ancillary Sales, and Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Champion change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing team to support Sales and Marketing initiatives.
- Support the ancillary sales strategy and encourage leadership team to develop effective revenue management strategies and set aggressive goals that will help drive the property-s financial performance.
- Stay perceptive of market conditions and communicate changes and potential revenue opportunities to leadership team.
- Develop innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities.
- Strive to maintain profit margins without compromising owner/guest or associate satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Measure, analyze, and communicate property performance using a variety of financial/non financial data including controllable costs, sales revenue, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement data
- Update and communicate profit forecasts to associates/managers
- Review property performance on period basis with Regional Leadership
Maintaining Revenue Management goals
- Maintain close relationship with the Innovation, Planning, and Supply Maximization (iPSM) discipline to collectively manage the inventory maximization during normal operations and during peak periods of construction and renovations.
- Generate property revenue, aside from room usage, via ancillary channels and other creative means.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource activities
- Hire executive committee team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and hold staff accountable for successful performance.
- Establish a presence with associates on property and actively solicits associate feedback.
- Utilize an -open door- policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Ensure associates are treated fairly and equitably.
- Lead associates through property changes and help them transition into new property roles.
- Conduct day to day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through phases of performance management cycle).
- Facilitate cross training to supportassociate professional growth and operational excellence.
- Ensure ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.).
- Monitor local hiring and compensation trends for like positions; ensure that the organization understands any change in fundamentals.
- Conduct performance review process for associates (including LPP, career plan form, development plans, associate information form, mid-year check-ins, 90-day check-ins for new associates, etc.).
- Support recruitment efforts from various sourcing channels (e.g., local job fairs, Internet, referrals) to target associates with skill sets (e.g., food and beverage, rooms operations) compatible for operational needs.
- Manage e-mail.
- Manage daily paper mail.
- Participate in conference calls (e.g., Q-A, property performance, etc.).
- Prepare for and host regional/corporate leadership visits.
Education and Experience
- 2-yeardegree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor-s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
- General Managerexperience in limited or full service property or timeshare resort.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and late nights.
- Property industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.