Our international, retained client, is a major OEM in the marketplace of translucent, daylighting products that are revolutionizing commercial structures and energy consumption. You have walked under or next to their products in airports, colleges, shopping malls, commercial lobbies, stores, commercial manufacturing, atriums, stadiums?all are viable examples of where you will see and feel their products. With their primary fabrication facility for new and retrofit projects, located in the northern suburbs of Chicago, we are looking for a general manager to take over the key duties and responsibilities, as one of the founders transitions away from the business. You will soon transition and oversee a nearly 30 million dollar enterprise, 9-11 direct reports, report to the president and become a key part of the leadership team. If you have a entrepreneurial spirit and energy, this is the place you want to explore as your next career move.
Qualified professionals will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- 5-15 years in a direct, P&L leadership role in a manufacturing organization.
- Technical acumen that is broad-based and competencies to understand mechanistic concepts, structural engineering drawings and assembly of extruded components for commercial construction.
- Competencies in reading and understanding financial reporting, budgeting, etc.
- A personality and mindset that is inspiring and innovative. Someone that is great at building teams that thrive!
- Documented success in leading teams, driving results and team-building.
- Broad knowledge of operations, manufacturing, logistics, production/project management, estimating, purchasing and installation aspects.
- Ability to work from a suburban office in Chicago
- Living in or willing to relocate to the Chicago area
- Some travel, 20-25%
Compensation for this role will be base and a bonus plan based on multiple factors around performance, activity-based goals and corporate profits. Base ranges are 160-200k, with a bonus plan that could reach 30%, with excellent benefits.
Contact Russ Riendeau at New Frontier Search, 847-363-9789, or , to see if this is your next career stop.
We are arranging interviews in the next 10 days.