The General Manager manages all aspects of the distribution center including facilities, employee staffing, employee reviews; financial information including weekly flashreports, budgeting and profit/loss statements. The General Manager ensures accounts receive full, requested productivity and quality levels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts analysis of workload as compared to manpower and equipment.
- Participates in annual Budget preparation.
- Has full P&L responsibilities for facility.
- Reports of department and/or account productivity and profitability.
- Ensures work schedules in place to promote efficiency.
- Reviews all equipment preventative maintenance schedules and work orders.
- Develops daily productivity tracking by employee and charts monthly progress.
- Ensures proper percentage of labor is charged to respective departments to ensure proper factoring is achieved to identify accurate productivity.
- Implements safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the facilities compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI standards.
- Ensures meetings are held reviewing warehouse issues.
- Ensures the daily pre-shift meetings cover previous productivity, operational problems, forecasting workload and any other pertinent company information.
- Annual review of customer contracts, determining and recommending annual increases to the Regional Vice-President and Director of Business Development.
- Reviews and coordinates all shift paperwork in a timely manner .
- Audits all billing activity for accuracy. Properly signs and authorizes all purchase order requisitions, vouchers and customer billing.
- Coordinates all alarm-monitoring systems and reviews sprinkler system testing.
- Conducts monthly review of aging for accounts receivable and works closely with the Director and Corporate office to recover balances in a timely fashion.
- Acts as the coordinator for all physical inventories.
- Acts as stock controller and communicates any discrepancies.
- Coordinates with customers any product recall programs.
- Participates in department or company meetings.
- Assumes responsibilities of Operational Supervisors/Managers on vacation.
- Visits other warehouses and attends affiliated meetings if necessary
- Interface with on site customer management
- Ensures pallet control standards are being met.
- Manages a warehouse that totals between 100,000 and 200,000 sq. ft.
- Manage between 1-3 customers in the warehouse.
- 8-10 years managerial experience in a warehouse or distribution environment.
- Minimum 8-10 years previous experience managing a warehouse/distribution center totaling 500,000 plus sq with total revenues of 1M
- Computer applications using MS office
- Computer applications experience using T-Logic or warehouse operating system desired
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Experience with automation tilt tray sorter
- Experience with WMS, utilizing RF technology a plus
- Must be able to work in varying facility conditions
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be on-call for alarm system or problems during off work hours