General Manager - needs vacuum coating or semiconductor exp
5 - 7 years experience • Semiconductors
degree in mechanicalengineering, electricalengineering or material science
professional training in economics (EMBA or similar), or equivalent professional experience
proven track record as project manager and team leader
good oral and written communication skills
experience in vacuum and/or coating industry
experience as product manager or similar
experience in CapEx equipment or producing industries (glass, display, semi)
willingness to work in matrix organization
people guy, coach to his reports, staff development is a priority
maintains financial success, along all contributors to P/L statement
develops and executes strategy
prepared to travel (key accounts, main suppliers, internal meetings)
The Director of Operations position oversees plant activities in order to meet business objectives and is accountable for all aspects of plant performance. Will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that’s consistent with quality requirements. The Director of Operations will also delegate authority to key supervisors in production, manage all functions involved and direct and coordinate operations for the processing plant. Will be a change agent driving continuous improvement in all areas of the plant.
- Champions continuous improvement on the manufacturing floor.
- Manage daily operations in our plant facility
- Ensure safety and efficiency of the facility
- Test and monitor plant processes
- Remain in compliance with facility ISO standards and all HSE guidelines
- Prepare, analyze and issue production and performance reports
- Control costs to achieve company budget goals
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance program
Education and Experience
A minimum of 5+ years experience as Plant or General Manager in the vacuum or coatings industry, would also consider semiconductor.
LEAN and/or Six Sigma leadership experiencepreferred.