Join National Dentex - a leading healthcare organization specializing in the dental industry. We offer a full spectrum of specialized products, services, and technologies to address any dental restoration need. Currently, we have 30+ labs throughout the country. Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity at NDX nSequence in Reno, NV for a Full-Time General Manager.
In concert with the laboratory’s leadership team, the General Manager is responsible for the continuous review of all aspects of the lab operations and sees to the successful implementation of action plans that align with corporate strategy, policies, and sales goals.
A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in operational management is required to be considered for this role.
Salary is negotiable and will be determined on experience and skill proficiency.
The regular hours for this position are from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Maintain open and continual communications with assigned Operations Leader regarding all operations of the laboratory as well as any and all events and situations that are occurring within the market and industry that potentially could affect the operations of the lab.
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to management team of the lab, ensuring all activities in the lab are in compliance with the structure and culture of the laboratory as well as federal and state laws and regulations.
- Oversight of all administration, production, communication and sales activities of the lab; including but not limited to, planning/strategizing, budgeting, cost control, waste reduction, OSHA/safety compliance, marketing, customer interaction, hiring, firing, discipline, reviews, production distribution and workflow, product quality and customer service at every level to ensure customers receive the very best product that fulfills their needs and retains their business.
- Oversight of logistics of product; from client to lab, effective work flow throughout the manufacturing process and completed product delivery to client. This function is to include logistics and production responsibilities for internal customers through the Resource Center
- Ensure frequent communications at all levels of the lab. Weekly developmental meetings with direct reports, no fewer than bi-weekly departmental meetings and leadership team meetings, encouraging an atmosphere of interaction where ideas can flow easily, assistance can be obtained and confidentiality is adhered to.
- Understand and maintain all relationships with the clients of the laboratory. Ensure regular visits and interactions with local market to ensure awareness of the status of the accounts, addressing any concerns of accounts at risk.
- Monthly review financial statements, budgeting and profitability to gauge the success of the organization and determine best steps for moving forward, making appropriate adjustments to the operation to turn around shortfalls.
- Be the lab’s primary advocate for processes and systems that will attain greater efficiency and effectiveness of operations and consistent, on-time final product to the customer.
- Adhere to established protocol and policies required to provide month-end, quarter-end, annual closing information in a timely manner, (i.e., accounts receivable report, deleted cases, credit memos report, remake report, reconciliation of payroll totals, purchase orders, finished goods inventory, capital expenditure requests, and all other items on checklists for completion).
- Ensure the conduct and communication among and between all team members is respectful and appropriate within the work environment and laboratory expectations.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture and re-engineering at the grass roots level.
- Collaborate with the Lean Process Improvement team to review processes and identify/implement opportunities for improvements.
- Identify key opportunities/leverage points for improving the customer experience and building customer loyalty.
- Financial responsibility of P&L for laboratory. Review monthly lab P&L, understand trends, and identify areas of concern.
- Partner with Financial Ops Manager as it relates to the direction of financial results, metrics and planning as well as make recommendations to drive results.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Pleasant attitude and actions with a desire for accuracy that exhibit a professional and capable demeanor to all.
- Strong relationship building/sales skills. Responsible for training others with customer contact and fielding calls personally to guide, sell and cross sell to customers and prospects.
- Logical, analytical, creative thinker with the ability to process information and formulate decisions in a timely manner.
- Excellent communicator, (orally and in writing) to effectively guide, lead, sell and build internal and external relationships.
- Understand and contribute to the marketing strategies and processes for sales growth.
- Ability to develop systems to sell products and cross-sell to other laboratory products, as well as systems to improve the efficiency of the production areas of the lab.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, especially Word and Excel.
- Dependable and reliable; willing to take on needed duties to fulfill the goals of the operation and take responsibility for actions.
- Openly communicate concerns, questions, ideas that might lend themselves to the growth of the laboratory and your own career.
- Actively participate in performance appraisal process to insure satisfaction and understanding of your development with the laboratory.
- Ability to partner closely with Marketing and Sales in order to support operational marketing plans.
- Understand financial principles, be able to read and understand financials as well as create budgetary proposals.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Five years experience managing or supervising production/manufacturing team members
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in operational management, B.S., B.A. or MBA preferred
- Prefer 3-5 years’ experience in the dental lab industry and/or experience in the Medical Device Industry
- Prefer working knowledge of implants
- Prefer knowledge of CAD/CAM engineering and design principles.
- Prefer experience with Lean Processes/FDA Compliance/OSHA Compliance
- High school or GED equivalent required
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Hazardous Materials or Equipment Used:
- Office Equipment
- Small machinery
- Sharp hand-held tools such as a bard parker, buffalo knife, etc.
- Hand piece
- Blood borne pathogens
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and/or reach.
- Exhibit fine motor skills and/or perform repetitive motions.
- Read and interpret prescriptions and other required documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information.
- Vision capabilities: depth perception, attention to detail, and/or color.
- Ability to Travel
Thought Provoking:Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert:Considered a thought leader on a subject
High School or Equivalent or better.
Bachelors or better.
Masters or better.
5 years:Minimum five (5) years' experience managing or supervising production/manufacturing team members
10 years:Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in operational management, B.S., B.A. or MBA preferred
3 years:Prefer 3-5 years’ experience in the dental lab industry and/or experience in the Medical Device Industry