Industry: Food & Beverage•
5 - 7 years
Posted 344 days ago
THE BRASS TACKS:
• Provides overall direction, coordination and leadership for all departments at the property.
• Accountable for revenue generation via all property revenue streams, leading and supporting collaboration with marketing, public relations and revenue management
• Provides primary support for all group sales outreach, negotiations, planning and service.
• Serves as primary and direct liaison to all community organizations, city officials, industry associations and public relations entities.
• Ensures all applicable standards, policies and procedures are fully implemented in all departments.
• Guides the preparation of the annual business plan, operating budget, capital plan and other related planning and goal setting exercises which support the overall objectives of the property.
• Creates and monitors annual operating goals, addressing all the drivers (Team Member Experience; Guest Experience; Infrastructure Requirements and Maintenance; and Financial Performance).
• Works with department leaders to meet or exceed established budgetary guidelines for the property. Constantly evaluates and establishes sound pricing policies for guest services and amenities. Diligently reviews and approves operating expenses. Develops and implements strategies to enhance revenue generation and profitability as a part of daily/weekly routine.
• Directs and personally ensures the accurate and on-time preparation, production and distribution of all required reports.
• Protects and enhances the value of all property assets through appropriate programs in maintenance, security, emergency preparedness, housekeeping and capital improvements.
• Analyzes guest feedback and discusses findings with department leaders. Institutes changes in protocols, policies and procedures to ensure the ongoing incremental improvement of service as necessary.
• Promotes the property by building and maintaining an active and visible position in the local community and with industry partners.
• Selects, supervises, trains, develops, schedules, disciplines, and counsels team members. Demonstrates positive leadership characteristics that empower and inspire team members to meet or exceed performance standards.
• Provides timely formal assessment of individual team members in alignment with the performance review policy and procedures.
• Conducts training on job standards and areas of responsibility as needed.
• At least 5 years progressive experience in a General Manager role at a property of comparable size and level of service.
• Experience with resort marketing and sales strategies.
• Working knowledge of all applicable laws, codes and regulations.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to write contracts, reports, business correspondence, and operations manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, managers, clients, guests or the general public.
• Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
• Strong financial management skills, including budget management, expense control, forecasting and analysis of financial statements.
• Strong leadership and people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling and relationship-building.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this team member. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.