A growing leader in Manitoba waste management and recycling, Penner Waste Inc. is a family owned and operated business that has been providing commercial, industrial and residential services to various cities, towns, and municipalities for over 17 years. From waste/recycling bin rentals and custom grinding to shingle, lawn, leaf, wood, and tree drop off at four locations across the province, Penner Waste Inc. is committed to reducing their carbon footprint by recycling, composting and having a positive impact on their valued customers, the community, and environment. Through strong community roots, socially conscientious practices, and strict adherence to regulatory compliance, Penner Waste Inc. has established itself as the fastest growing waste company in the Pembina and Red River valleys. about this privately owned family business, visit .
Due to growth, Penner Waste Inc. is seeking a hands-on, entrepreneurial-minded General Manager to increase sales, expand the business and streamline current operations to improve efficiency. Based out of Winkler/Morden, this self-starter will oversee the day-to-day running of four locations (Winkler, Morden, Brandon, and Winnipeg), ensure excellence in customer service and regulatory compliance, and provide stable leadership during an exciting growth period. The ideal incumbent will have a hands-on approach with experience in waste and recycling, thrive in a fast-paced and busy environment, and have the ability to multi-task and react while continuing to focus and motivate staff towards the achievement of the organization’s vision and strategic goals.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Accountable for the safe and effective performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of all departmental and facility operations including Sales/Marketing, Maintenance, Dispatch/Routing, Finance, Regulatory Compliance, Production and Inventory Control;
- Direct, coordinate and supervise the daily activities of all matters relating to transportation, recycling processing facilities, transfer stations, maintenance of transportation and recycling equipment, sales and customer service;
- Make hiring decisions and provide leadership, motivation, and performance management to both in-house staff and field operatives; and
- Travel between four locations to meet with staff, contractors, councilors and the public, and attend occasional trade shows and conferences.
Selection Criteria Include:
- Demonstrated success within the waste and recycling industry including in-route service, pick-up, and delivery and/or distribution management;
- Several years of progressive management experience including the general management of a comparable facility,
- Proven success in business development capacity;
- Customer service focus, superb interpersonal skills and the ability to build and foster positive and productive long term relationships;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and communication (both written and oral) skills;
- Strong administrative and computing skills with proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook)and the ability to adapt to other software applications;
- Strong financial acumen, business savvy and ability to analyze, prepare and present reports and recommendations; and
- Decision-making skills.
Individuals interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume or query in confidence to
Robyn Hartley, Senior Principal – Executive Search t the email provided quoting project #18107.