Metropolitan Warehouse and Delivery is an essential critical business that needs people to help us support the economy, handling items that keep our communities as prepared as possible during these uncertain times
Metropolitan Warehouse and Delivery will continue to hire for essential positions like this one.
The General Manager Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of companies or public and private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources. The goal is to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to increase the company’s overall market share.
· Respond to customer emails and requests in a timely and professional manner as needed.
· Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy within warehouse operations for all customers and clients.
· Directly responsible for all employment decisions at designated location.
· Monitors and evaluates the safety of each employee on a daily basis, trains on safety processes as needed.
· Direct workforce to ensure compliance to established processes & policies.
· Ensure the consistent execution of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) throughout warehouse operation in all functional areas.
· Works with other departments to ensure customer’s product reaches service hubs timely for efficient delivery.
· Conduct quarterly safety meetings.
· Provide analyses and recommendations for operations improvements within the department and Metro hubs.
· Work closely with all of the Metro Hubs Management to ensure alignment in meeting daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly business objectives.
· Maintain a good working relationship with our third-party service providers.
· Provide training and feedback to members on a continual basis.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Preferred Skills Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work.
· Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
· Management of Personnel Resources -Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
· Ability to delegate tasks.
Valid through: 6/24/2021